Thread: Koni Coilovers for SC

Garrett booster

Koni Coilovers for SC

I am thinking of getting the koni coilover kit from FWD performance for my Shelby Charger. I was wondering what the height adjustments are. Also, does anyone know what the spring rate for the front and rear would be?

turbo addict

Re: Koni Coilovers for SC

Quote Originally Posted by jah5r View Post
    Also, does anyone know what the spring rate for the front and rear would be?
    stock?

the new ones you pick the rate

For a REALLY stiff ride, I say 500 in/lb front, and 425 in/lb rear. Of course it will be nearly impossible to drive on the street because it is so punishing. And you'll have to get the biggest swaybars available.

Realistically, I would say 300 front and 290 rear for a kidney punching ride that will only annoy you if you drive the car every day.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by TurbododgePirate View Post
    For a REALLY stiff ride, I say 500 in/lb front, and 425 in/lb rear. Of course it will be nearly impossible to drive on the street because it is so punishing. And you'll have to get the biggest swaybars available. Realistically, I would say 300 front and 290 rear for a kidney punching ride that will only annoy you if you drive the car every day.
    Thanks. Do you know how much you can lower the car? I would like it to be at least 1.5" lower than it is now.

turbo addict

You can lower it 1.5" no problem. I had mine about 2.5" lower than stock at one time. I don't recommend that.
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

I have 350/275 on my car and it is pretty stiff.

Ground control recommends 350/250 in general and a little bit stiffer rear is supposed to help more extreme handling.

I actually think that the rear springs are too short from FWD. My car is near stock height and is almost all the way up in the rear on the top clip ring. It could easily go 3" lower than it is. This is with a 9" rear spring.

I have a daytona Koni w/ ground control kit w/ 8" spring on the front so that setup is unique to my car.

-Rich