Thread: WOT switch

WOT switch

Does anyone have a WOT switch hooked up? I want to add one for my dawes device and wanted to see how some they are installed
    95 spirit 3.0/543 15.0@91 N/A, 14.5@96 on a 50 shot RIP 87 shelby Z - project car, maybe I can drive it this year 91 spirit - roll it, chop the top, do some burnouts! RIP

Hybrid booster

Re: WOT switch

i got one for my NAWZZZZZZZZZ.

i'll post a pic for ya in a bit

sweet thx
    95 spirit 3.0/543 15.0@91 N/A, 14.5@96 on a 50 shot RIP 87 shelby Z - project car, maybe I can drive it this year 91 spirit - roll it, chop the top, do some burnouts! RIP

bumpage!

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Does anyone have a WOT switch hooked up? I want to add one for my dawes device and wanted to see how some they are installed
    why on a dawes device ?

I don't have a WOT switch on anything right now, but have had one on several vehicles in the past. I always used a brake light switch from a motorcycle (the one for the back brake). They mount easily in the hole for the AT kickdown cable (if you're running a standard) and are pretty easy to hook up.

that pretty smart, i didnt even think of that. i'll hafta look at bikes next time im at the junkyard. any specific one you normally use?

I have a NOS WOT switch that i got off ebay, i was more wondering how people setup a bracket. I'm also wondering if it would be better to go off the TB or the gas pedal?

my switch is like this one except without the braket

Quote Originally Posted by ohiorob View Post
    why on a dawes device ?

I have a wideband setup. The display mounted in the center console shows the numerical a/f and a bar graph. My DD is located above my heater vent. basically I just want my DD on when I can't look away from the road. the DD will be connected to the simulated NB output so it should be as accurate as the wideband. When i'm tunning I will be datalogging, so it doesnt really matter if i can read the display at all times

that pretty smart, i didnt even think of that. i'll hafta look at bikes next time im at the junkyard. any specific one you normally use?

I have a NOS WOT switch that i got off ebay, i was more wondering how people setup a bracket. I'm also wondering if it would be better to go off the TB or the gas pedal?

As I recall, most of the ones I've used in the past came from late 70's to early 80's street or street/trail bikes. There were a couple motorcycle only salvage yards in the area where I grew up, so I'd just browse until I found something that looked suitable. It should have a threaded round plastic body with a metal rod sticking out of 1 end. The rod has a hole in it and connects to the pedal with a spring. The switch closes when the rod is pulled and then opens when the tension is let off. Moving the switch in it's bracket changes the on/off point, so it's pretty adjustable.

I don't know how you'd make one of the microswitch type work. I guess you'd have to fabricate some sort of bracket that holds the switch in the right position for the lever to contact the throttle arm as it approaches WOT.

Hoosier Daddy?? Turbo Mopar Staff Clay's Avatar

Put it on the TB.
    Clay
    1986 GLH-T - Flat black......... learn it, love it, LIVE IT!
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Hybrid booster

here you go man.... all installed.

Hybrid booster

TB like this...

cool thx playa!

guess i'll use the bracket from my 48mmTB, looks alot easier to work with

Hybrid booster

cool thx playa!

guess i'll use the bracket from my 48mmTB, looks alot easier to work with
    thats the bracket for the 2 piece intake (longer then the 1 piece intake cable bracket). but i hope that give you the basic idea on how to hook it up.