Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WNY-SDAC June meeting info

Garrett booster

Re: WNY-SDAC June meeting info

yeah i have to duck out around 11 so i can get back home by 1.....mapquest is saying take the thruway from the cuse.....is that the quickest or does anyone think there is a quicker way.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyshelby View Post
    yeah i have to duck out around 11 so i can get back home by 1.....mapquest is saying take the thruway from the cuse.....is that the quickest or does anyone think there is a quicker way.
    Tough call. I run between Syracuse and Rochester all the time. I usually take 370W to 104W to Webster. Its about 15 minutes faster than the t-way and theres no toll. But, thats to Webster. Brockport may be a different story. Brockport is a 30-40 minute ride further west from me.

turbo addict

Just a reminder!!!

We meet tomorrow, 9AM at Performance Auto. Bring a bunch of tools and some crappy clothes and get ready to find some sweet TM stuff.

So far I think theres 4 of us going. Myself, aries_turbo, jeremyshelby, and mark. If anyone else is interested PM me so we can wait up in the parking lot for everyone to get there. I also have the chapter agreement that many of you wanted to see, so we'll look at that and sign it up so we can be official.

http://www.performanceparts104.com/

I am going today to get all of the good stuff.
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by slasky View Post
    I am going today to get all of the good stuff.
    Cheater.

Hybrid booster

turbo addict

How did it go? Anyone get anything good?

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

well sorta....

performance auto doesnt have alot of stuff from our era. handful of cars. guys there have a great attitude though and were totally cool.

then we headed to zerniaks. guy says "whatcha lookin for" and we say old dodges so he sends us in the yard to look around. there are tons of cars. like 50+. only 2 turbos though but one was an unmolested dodge 600 87 T1. so I grabbed some k car grille stuff and sean grabbed a center console and the rear deck cover for a shadow, a rampage window and a 93 shadow es front bumper (better than the 89 thats on the csx now). so then we headed across the yard to see if there were any 3.8L caravans with the 58mm TB. nope...

so then one of the guys that works there comes buzzing up to us on a 4wheeler and starts giving us crap about leaving the dodge section and going over to the trucks without asking first. so we were like WTF? we have to ask... oh well, no biggie. so then we go back to get our stuff at the one shadow we stashed it in and the guy comes up to us again hassling sean about the rampage window saying "that better not have come from a good door, you cant take it if the door isnt smashed or rusted." so whatever, we head to pay and leave.

this is when the fun began. the guy highballed us big time. he wanted 50$ for a k car grille and headlight bezels. he wanted to charge sean 80 for the few little things that he had. and when we tried to barter he said "ill smash the stuff right in front of you" so I said "whatever, im leaving my stuff here." plus I didnt have cash and they dont take cards.

sean then tried to wheel and deal and the guy was such an assface that he wouldnt come down 5$. so then sean gave him a tongue lashing. that guy needed a beatdown. what a clown. they have one of the best selections of TD's around but the worst attitude ive ever seen. fags.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

turbo addict

Yea, I felt bad for you guys that had to see me go "off" on that jerk. (I had some real choice words for him). It takes a lot to really piss me off, so that speaks to how big of jerks these guys were. Ive not seen such bad business in a REALLY long time. Its like they had it out for us, but we were totally minding our own business. We were even pretty nice in spite of the fact that we were being treated like crap (well, up until the point that I called the guy out on his threat to "smash all the parts".....and then called him a bunch of names). I cant believe that these guys stay in business with the way they treat people.

Anyways, thats not usually the way I handle situations like that, but I really felt that a good toungue lashing was deserved by these guys (and I was just the crazy to do it ).

Next time we'll go to Brian's yard!

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    well sorta....

performance auto doesnt have alot of stuff from our era. handful of cars. guys there have a great attitude though and were totally cool.

then we headed to zerniaks. guy says "whatcha lookin for" and we say old dodges so he sends us in the yard to look around. there are tons of cars. like 50+. only 2 turbos though but one was an unmolested dodge 600 87 T1. so I grabbed some k car grille stuff and sean grabbed a center console and the rear deck cover for a shadow, a rampage window and a 93 shadow es front bumper (better than the 89 thats on the csx now). so then we headed across the yard to see if there were any 3.8L caravans with the 58mm TB. nope...

so then one of the guys that works there comes buzzing up to us on a 4wheeler and starts giving us crap about leaving the dodge section and going over to the trucks without asking first. so we were like WTF? we have to ask... oh well, no biggie. so then we go back to get our stuff at the one shadow we stashed it in and the guy comes up to us again hassling sean about the rampage window saying "that better not have come from a good door, you cant take it if the door isnt smashed or rusted." so whatever, we head to pay and leave.

this is when the fun began. the guy highballed us big time. he wanted 50$ for a k car grille and headlight bezels. he wanted to charge sean 80 for the few little things that he had. and when we tried to barter he said "ill smash the stuff right in front of you" so I said "whatever, im leaving my stuff here." plus I didnt have cash and they dont take cards.

sean then tried to wheel and deal and the guy was such an assface that he wouldnt come down 5$. so then sean gave him a tongue lashing. that guy needed a beatdown. what a clown. they have one of the best selections of TD's around but the worst attitude ive ever seen. fags.

Brian
    Really... oh my lord what a retard. Hes probably like that because he works at a junkyard LOL. I know its far away and there is a chance of not having TDs but the place in auburn has excellent prices, and the guys arent complete arses.

On a sidenote, who all was there? Sorry I couldnt make it.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetona View Post
    Really... oh my lord what a retard. Hes probably like that because he works at a junkyard LOL. I know its far away and there is a chance of not having TDs but the place in auburn has excellent prices, and the guys arent complete arses.

On a sidenote, who all was there? Sorry I couldnt make it.
    It was Brian, Mark, Jeremy and I. Jeremy left before all the fun began though. Good thing for him.

He probably just gave you a hard time because you two are Gazers.
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by slasky View Post
    He probably just gave you a hard time because you two are Gazers.
    No he heard that we were friends with you.

Garrett booster

i walked out and never paid for the 52mm TB so i guess im glad i didn't. oh wel;...I will check out the yard by my work for a 58 mm TB and see what they have. IM also gonna check out that Ben and Son sometime that sean was telling me about.

turbo addict

Sean, you definately dont seem like the type of person to go off, so I can see how bad these guys were.

I think the title of gazer has been stolen and those guys are the culprits. lmao.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyshelby View Post
    i walked out and never paid for the 52mm TB so i guess im glad i didn't. oh wel;...I will check out the yard by my work for a 58 mm TB and see what they have. IM also gonna check out that Ben and Son sometime that sean was telling me about.
    They asked about you and what you had when you left. SHould have told him you were carrying an LS6 vette motor.

On a side note if anyone wants to call these morons for fun, ask for a passengers side window out of an 84 Rampage. Tell them youre REALLY need one and are willing to pay whatever they want even if you have to buy the whole door to get it. It would be funny if they got about 10 calls about that window and it wasnt in the Rampage anymore. It would be even funnier if the guy actually smashed it after we left.

585-637-3392

Hybrid booster

sean, i had to work on the other side of the city at our co-lo spot this afternoon, your shadow console is in my garage. I am working on that side of town tomorrow as well. i can get it to you wed? is that ok, and your $15 of change too

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    sean, i had to work on the other side of the city at our co-lo spot this afternoon, your shadow console is in my garage. I am working on that side of town tomorrow as well. i can get it to you wed? is that ok, and your $15 of change too
    Oh sweet. Wednesday would be great. That will give me thursday to get it painted up and in my car for SDAC. Thanks for the help!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234