Thread: GTS vs Ion Redline

Mitsu booster

GTS vs Ion Redline

Had a run in with a redline last night. Not sure what the guy had done to it but I don't think it was stock, heard the s/c pretty well. Anyways first run was a roll from about 10mph, he got a little jump on me until the turbo spooled then I reeled him in and had him at my back door by 55mph. Second run was from a stop. I'm still working on my launching so I bogged a little off the line and he pulled ahead. He stayed ahead by a fender til we let off at 50mph but I was starting to reel him in pretty quick. I wish I coulda asked what he had done but my stupid window won't roll down lol.

1989 Chrysler Lebaron GTS
    Mods: Accufab AFPR, +20 Injectors, full 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust, MBC @ 19psi, 1g DSM BOV, Magnecor wires

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Re: GTS vs Ion Redline

Hey I think I know that guy! If it was a black one it was probably Tony that works at Midas. He used to have a red one but it got totalled in front of his house and he got a black one to replace it. Don't know if he has any mods since I haven't talked to him in a long time. I delivered pizza to his house just last night too.

Anyways, I raced a new black Cobalt SS Supercharged last night in my Spirit R/T. I was driving down the highway by Jake's Tavern and saw some headlights coming up REALLY quick behind me. Car goes by and I see it's a new SS. We both get the red light and race from a dig up the hill back towards Dominos and I had no problem holding him off from a stop all the way up over 100 MPH, beating him to the top of the hill. I let off after I passed ~100 MPH but he stayed in it going WAY too fast. Musta pissed him off being beaten by a grandma car/grocery getter. I have the boost set at ~12 psi now. Ltr!

Mitsu booster

Haha nice. Yeah I think its the guy your thinking of.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Accufab AFPR, +20 Injectors, full 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust, MBC @ 19psi, 1g DSM BOV, Magnecor wires
    mitsu+19psi+no intercooler?? how cold is it where you live?

nice kill.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    mitsu+19psi+no intercooler?? how cold is it where you live?

nice kill.
    It's got the stock intercooler.

turbo addict

Wait you have a 2.2 GTS? That is a SWEET ride!

Mom Says I'm Special. :-) Turbo Mopar Staff Subliminal's Avatar

Really, the airbox's in today's supercharged cars have 2 jobs: filter air and quiet supercharger whine.

All you have to do to get a little more juice and a lot more whine is either cheese the airbox or just swap it out for a cone.
    Damon

"America is all about speed...hot, nasty badass speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

gone crazy Turbo Mopar Contributor J&H Ryan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whorse View Post
    Wait you have a 2.2 GTS? That is a SWEET ride!
    x2
    Ryan
    92 GTC, TIII
    00 XJ

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

yeh, definitely not my default assumption, thats a rare bird. all the cooler

TurboII

Nice i have a Gts Lebaron too...Not many ill say. Now answer me this is yours a two door or four door i always thought the Gts was a four door until a week ago i found out GTS stood for Grand Torismo sport and not sedan. and the GTC which i saw one today by the way stood for Grand torismo vert

turbo addict

GTS's are four door aka Hbody. Got my Mexican T2 Commonblock out of one at the yard.