Thread: '89-up Rear brake hoses?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

'89-up Rear brake hoses?

What are people doing for rear brake hoses on the '89-up non-vented rear discs? The ones that go to the caliper itself. Not a single parts store in town even lists them, they only show the one that goes from the body to the axle.

boostaholic

Re: '89-up Rear brake hoses?

Take the old lines to a napa that makes lines and you can have any line made that you want.Now I got the whole SS line kit from TU and the ones he sent were a little short but I just moved the bracket one hole so theres only 1 bolt on the bracket to hold the line but it stops great.

4383708 still avail from the dealer $20.75 ea list

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

That's the other thing- the kit is going on the Charger, so I'll have to fab something up for that bracket. Benefit is I can put it wherever I want it.

I still have to do the front brakes which will also need new hoses, and I suppose the flex hose at the rear axle could stand to be replaced being nearly 22 years old . . . So I guess I'm just gonna order a set of braided lines Monday morning and be done with it.

Boy, $80 today for new bearings, seals, and to have new races installed in the rear hubs, $40 for new pads, $40 each for new rotors, and now I'm looking at $110 for a brake line kit- This is NOT a cheap conversion! And I'm still assuming my calipers are all still good after sitting for two years.