Thread: EGT or wideband more important

Hybrid booster

EGT or wideband more important

ok the company that i decided on going with is this even though i said i wanted a single gauge with multiple readout but the 2 i wanted Zeitronix and plx were both a bunch 550 +++ and ithink the readout would be kinda small

i ended up choosing this because i can set it up to change color at a set point so thats cool i dont have to be staring at it all the time

http://www.prosportgauges.com/

but they wont have the wideband for about a month

if i have the egt and keep a eye on that i should be pretty safe (im not gonna be running it hard untill i get the wideband but i will be playing and all

Trying to get it close then its off to the dyno at carisle
    Last edited by Mr overkill; 05-16-2007 at 09:39 PM.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Austrian Dodge's Avatar

Re: EGT or wideband more important

I'v driven my car for about 100miles with an EGT gauge before i put the wideband in it.
    always watched my EGTs and didn't go past 1500°, but i could monitor everything else too (fuel pres., oil pres. and stuff) so guess i haven't been to careless.
    main problem will be, that you'll see just EGT's but it will show very different readings not just depending on your fuel mixture, but also timing.

anyways, i didn't play much, just ran 7psi and 60psi base fuel pressure.

Mitsu booster

Re: EGT or wideband more important

You need to get something that will data log. It's so much easier when you can look at a graph with rpm,egt.tps and afr, rather than trying to look at a bunch of guages when driving. Have you looked at any of the tech edge stuff.