Thread: 89 turbo question

Mitsu booster

89 turbo question

I am getting ready to put on a g valve to adjust the boost. Am I understanding this correctly. If I increase my boost to the point where my unmodified map sensor sees overboost it will shut down the boost so I don't destoy anything. I haven't changed any fuel items yet so I don't want to go over the safe point.

So the question is... What will happen if I tweek it a bit too high and over boost? Will it safely shut itself down since my map sensor has not been modified?

Any advice would be gretaly appreciated.

Re: 89 turbo question

it may, or may not catch it in time, though it should. it cuts the fuel/and spark.

try the grainger at its very lowest point and work your way up in small incriments, like 1-2 psi. sure it will take some time, but its the safest way.
    just be patient and enjoy

Mitsu booster

thanks for the input

turbo addict

Before I put in the new comp and 3 bar map I must have hit overboost at least 100 times. Thing was finicky to set and so sometimes i would hit it like 6 times in a run. The engine took it all good and fine ... Except that when I was pushing the limits in 5th, I hit overboost at the very top end (nearing 220km/h) and it cracked a piston.