Thread: What are my Choices

boostaholic

What are my Choices

Recently I got a decent ford thundercoupe turbo off a 2.3 it has the 60 cold side and 63 hot side. Now I know I cannot use the hot side on my car with out mods but is this turbo of any use for our cars?

I was thinking about having the stock T2 housing bored out to fit the ford Comp wheel and get a chrysler exhaust side in a 63 and have it all put in the chrysler center section but im not sure if all this is 1 going to work 2 even worth the time.

I've got a P&P'd in/ex head with 1mm OS valves 52mm tb polished and a SRT I/C along with other gadgets

Re: What are my Choices

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Shepard View Post
    Recently I got a decent ford thundercoupe turbo off a 2.3 it has the 60 cold side and 63 hot side. Now I know I cannot use the hot side on my car with out mods but is this turbo of any use for our cars?

I was thinking about having the stock T2 housing bored out to fit the ford Comp wheel and get a chrysler exhaust side in a 63 and have it all put in the chrysler center section but im not sure if all this is 1 going to work 2 even worth the time.

I've got a P&P'd in/ex head with 1mm OS valves 52mm tb polished and a SRT I/C along with other gadgets
    If you have gone to the +1mm valves the Ford wheel wouldn't be the best choice. Go to a Turbonetics Super 60 to take advantage of the larger valves.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

mike, spend the money, lol. do it once and do it right.
    isnt that little voice in your head still saying, e-bay, e-bay.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

You could always throw on a chrysler hotside and see where it gets you. If you aren't happy with that give Chris a buzz and he will hook you up.