Thread: compatible strut bars

Hybrid booster

compatible strut bars

i have a few of the gm regal strut tower bars that i have extras of for my gtp. they dont match up exactly on top of the strut tower, but they will bolt up nicely on the front of the strut tower, the only problem is the cruise control cable is in the way... I can mount it under the cable, but then the TIII upper timing cover is in the way. I am going to not do anything until I can find another TIII timing cover to notch out for this to fit...

but...

has anyone found any other strut tower bars that are compatible to work for us ?

Re: compatible strut bars

I used a cheap neon ebay one. I had to redrill 2 holes on each side to make it line up with the strut bolts but besides that it fits great
    1988 Shadow ES 4-door 13.61@98.89 2002 Neon ACR 1989 Shadow ES 4-door 1996 Yamaha FZR 600 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 15.87@85 Stock Pentastar V6 2001 Altima DD

x2 on the neon one and just drill some new holes

Hybrid booster

any specific gen neon one? or all the neon ones the same dimensions thru the years?

First gen
    1988 Shadow ES 4-door 13.61@98.89 2002 Neon ACR 1989 Shadow ES 4-door 1996 Yamaha FZR 600 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 15.87@85 Stock Pentastar V6 2001 Altima DD

95-99 neon

Hybrid booster

rear ones from the neon fit the same?, or can the front one be modded to use on the rear?

turbo addict

Last gen ford probe is direct fit save for the bolt holes. Fits like a glove though. They are the exact width and will clear everything.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

turbo addict

mmm I just made one out of square tubed aluminum and some plate aluminum that I cut into rings. This is probly the most labour intensive option but its a PERFECT fit and more solid than anything.

boostaholic

Mine came from a Nissan Maxima that I saw at the junk yard, I just had to drill a couple holes and it worked great.