Thread: 3'' Turbos Unleashed Exhaust.

Hybrid booster

3'' Turbos Unleashed Exhaust.

Gonna put that ----- on the ride in a bit. My dad let a friend borrow his welder so unfortunately I am forced to use clamps to put the exhaust together. I'll just weld it together once he gets it back.

Very excited to see how it sounds. There will be no cat. Just a magnaflow muffler on the back. Should sound real nice can't wait.

boostaholic

Re: 3'' Turbos Unleashed Exhaust.

You should be really happy, that is the same muffler and exhaust I have and it sounds good!

Hybrid booster

I have the same setup on my charger with a oval magnaflow and I love the sound. At idle its pretty mellow, but has a nice little growl to it. Cruising around its also pretty mellow and doesn't attract much attention, but you can still here the turbo spool up. When you stop on it is when you'll really love the sound of it though!

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

Yup, I love my full 3" as well. I am running a cat and glasspack. Nice little burble at idle, no drone cruising and I can still set off car alarms declerating in the streets
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Hybrid booster

I can't get the exhaust to fit. I'm not running a cat so after the down pipe I'm trying to run a straight pipe back to the S-bend pipe that takes it around the gas tank. But the pipe doesn't line up straight to go into the S-pipe. It hits the shifter and is butted all the way next ot it as tight as it can go and it still isn't angled right. What the hell am I doing wrong?

Here is a thread Chris W recently sent me. I know it's g-body but it's similar enough I would think.

Hope it helps...
    Link to Will's picks on TD.
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Hybrid booster

That doesn't have any pictures of the downpipe & shifter part of it. My downpipe is hitting the shifter, and If I push it up next to the shifter then the angle is all wrong and it doesn't line up with the S-pipe out back. I don't know what the hell is wrong with this.

Hybrid booster

I don't get it???

No one needs anything more than 1 3/4"

Eliminate the competition....And I win.

-Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Hybrid booster

Those didn't really have any good pictures of an exhaust on a charger. I'm trying to find one. Because I'm completely lost. I can't get this ---- toline up at all. If I go underneath the shifter it's center perfectly but it is pointing downward and ends up being like 3 inches lower than the S-pipe.

If I put it next to the shifter, it's at th correct height, but is pointed like 2-3 inches to the LEFT of the S-pipe. 100% confused.

Well from what I read in the links posted is that you may need a bend around the linkage... Thats all I got, just trying to help...
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Hybrid booster

Yea. I'll read over the posts again. I just skimmed over them. I'll read over it again and see what I can figure out. This thing is pissing me off so I walked away and I'll take a second look at it again.

I don't know how to bend around it because the downpipe itself goes all the way and then stops RIGHT next to the shifter. I've already called TU once about the exhaust. Before I realized I couldn't get it to line up at ALL. Then they were closed so I couldn't see what they had to say. I don't have very much accesibility to 3'' piping around here. Advanced & Autozone don't go any bigger than 2.5'' so I don't know what I'm going to do.

Hybrid booster

Welp. I dropped the nut for one of the downpipe bolts and it never hit the ground. And now I can't for the life of me find it. This day just keeps getting better. Lol...

turbo addict

Hybrid booster

Alright got it all on today. Happy with the sound. Definetly a much more throaty sound than the stock exhaust but not too overkill. Then it really opens up and screams at WOT. I'm pleased.

turbo addict

what'd you end up doing?

Hybrid booster

Downpipe > Summit racing 10'' Flex exhaust connector > 5 '' long splice pipe > Another 10'' Flex exhaust connector > 5'' splice pipe.. That covered the gap between the downpipe and the S shaped pipe. And gave it enough flex to go around the shifter. Turned out pretty nicely. Not the prettiest but it's not going anywhere and it does the trick

2 of these bad boys:
    http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Dave's Avatar

Scott, I can swing by Monday after school for a bit and check it out, if that's kool with you. Let me know. I got my van running again after the fuel leak from hell.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I got my van running again after the fuel leak from hell.
    We deff do not want to see the van go up in flames so thats a good thing

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Scott, I can swing by Monday after school for a bit and check it out, if that's kool with you. Let me know. I got my van running again after the fuel leak from hell.
    Yea you can stop by and check it out whenever. I got it all together and it all looks good and sounds good. Wish I had my dad's welder to weld it together but the exhaust clamps will have to do for now. I need to rig up some proper exhaust hangers to hold it better cause I'm just using wire right now and it looks ghetto, but still does the trick. I would just prefer it didn't look so bootleg for anyone that goes under to look at it.