Thread: Minivan 5-speed conversion parts

Hybrid booster

Minivan 5-speed conversion parts

I need everything for the conversion except the transmission itself. Can anyone fill the order? I am in virginia. Please post or PM if you have anything to help me get this done before THIS automatic shits out

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

Re: Minivan 5-speed conversion parts

there is a junkyard by me that has an 85-ish caravan that is a 5-speed. (took me by surprise!) i could ask him how much he wants for the shifter, linkages, and such. of course, it'll be more costly for you as salvage yards tend to charge more then say a fellow turbododge guy.

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

Garrett booster

The only things you really need specific to a minivan are the clutch cable bracket (kinda in behind the driver's front spring / strut), floor bracket (for the shifter, you can do without this and bolt to a homemade bracket if you want to change shifter location), and the clutch pedal and cable. You should probably get the clutch cable new, they're not very expensive.

I used a Daytona shifter and cables, they were PLENTY long (I moved the shifter back a few inches and didn't use a floor bracket). You can also use the manual transmission mount from a car.

Garrett booster

I recently found a 2nd gen minivan 5 speed. It has the A568 with a 2.5 TBI.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

off topic: what years did they use the 568 with the caravan?

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by dodgeshadowchik View Post
    off topic: what years did they use the 568 with the caravan?
    They didn't start using the 568 until '90. In '90 the turbo got the 568 and the regular 2.5 N/A got the 523. I think the later ones only got the 523, don't quote me on that though. There's a chart in the Haynes manual that tells all about what transmission was used in what years, but all I can find is my Chilton's. Crap!