Thread: TII daytona airbox in a shelby charger

Hybrid booster

TII daytona airbox in a shelby charger

My shelby charger's engine is almost done, but I need to know what I have to do to run a daytona TII airbox and daytona TII air box bracket in my shelby charger.

any info/pictures would be very helpful

thanks

turbo addict

Re: TII daytona airbox in a shelby charger

You can get it to fit almost like stock if you are using a GLHS style intercooler. If you are using any other TD intercooler you will have to find a hose with an unusal bend in it to get it to fit right. The GLHS intercooler's outlet is at an angle that works well, while the others come straight out.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Hybrid booster

oh so its just the hose that needs to be changed? as I am running a daytona rad/intercooler setup, I always thought the airbox bracket had to be modded so the airbox would clear the hood..........

turbo addict

I'm not aware of the airbox bracket needing modding to clear the hood. I have run the airbox & bracket from an 89 TI van in my Omni with no issues.

Take a good look at an underhood shot of a GLHS. Image the upper hose coming straight out of the intercooler instead of at the angle it's at. Your best bet(easiest) is to just run a cone filter on the end of the turbo inlet pipe.
    Notice how I had to move the airbox over on my car to get the upper hose to clear, vs Marcus' car with the GLHS setup. I have the 87 Daytona assembly in my car.

“If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford