Thread: advice on rebuild parts needed

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

advice on rebuild parts needed

Gathering up new parts for my Shadow's suspension. Car was originally a 10" 4-wheel disc car with solid rotors on the back. I am converting to cast arms and matching kuckles and k-frame with R/T 11" brakes up front, and '89 Shelby 11" brakes in the rear with '89 Shelby prop valve.

I have yet to get the 24mm MC and want to know what application did iot come on exactly. I know it was on trucks, but wanted to know exactly so I can do some online comparative shopping. I want new and also want a sugestion on BRAND as the real cheap ones would be tempting, but don't want any issues related to inferior parts. But on the other hand... can't afford the good stuff, either. I just want a decent MC brand at a decent price.

Ball joints, going with the NAPAS as I hear many good things about them.

Calipers F+R.... wondering if flushing out the old ones I have had sitting on the shelf for the past few years, or rebuilding them, or buying rebuilt...or new? New is going to be costly unless I get the china made ones and am debating this move. Phenolic or aluminum pistons..etc. Wanna play, gotta play.

Gas tank. Last year before tearing car apart, the fuel level would bouce around and a year prior in a street race, the pump got sucked dry when full boost hit in 2nd on a roll (1/4 tank of gas). Wondering if there's an issue with the tank's baffle and since I have to pull the tank to replace brake lines, figured I might as well replace it. Going cheap pricing or is there a better quality one to get. I know...can't go wrong with Mopar, but at that price, I'd run out f money on it a long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: advice on rebuild parts needed

Quote Originally Posted by Directconnection View Post
    Gas tank. Last year before tearing car apart, the fuel level would bouce around and a year prior in a street race, the pump got sucked dry when full boost hit in 2nd on a roll (1/4 tank of gas). Wondering if there's an issue with the tank's baffle and since I have to pull the tank to replace brake lines, figured I might as well replace it. Going cheap pricing or is there a better quality one to get. I know...can't go wrong with Mopar, but at that price, I'd run out f money on it a long time ago.
    Shadows just suck this way. My T2 '87 and my CSX both went from 1/4 tank on the guage to "E" while launching. I know the gas is still there and it is just the level sender, however, I have noticed it starving if the fuel gets below 1/4 tank. I have run my fastes times in the T2 shadow with over 1/2 tank

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

I have yet to get the 24mm MC and want to know what application did iot come on exactly. I know it was on trucks, but wanted to know exactly so I can do some online comparative shopping. I want new and also want a sugestion on BRAND as the real cheap ones would be tempting, but don't want any issues related to inferior parts. But on the other hand... can't afford the good stuff, either. I just want a decent MC brand at a decent price.
    89/90 Minivan had the 24mm, use that and they can't get it wrong. Brands are Raybesto's, Bendix, Fenco, maybe Autoline. Basically if its new, its good.

Ball joints, going with the NAPAS as I hear many good things about them.
    Yep, Spicer brand are good,

Calipers F+R.... wondering if flushing out the old ones I have had sitting on the shelf for the past few years, or rebuilding them, or buying rebuilt...or new? New is going to be costly unless I get the china made ones and am debating this move. Phenolic or aluminum pistons..etc. Wanna play, gotta play.
    I don't believe it really matters. I would just buy some caliper kits for $5 and rebuild them. Unless the pistons or bores are severly scored, you'll be fine. I have done it before and they lasted for years. Maybe for shitts and giggles, take them apart and blast them. Rebuilt aren't that bad, around $25 each for the fronts anyways. Rears, a few bucks more.

The aftermarket ones are way thinner but fit perfectly. Theres only 1 or 2 companys so either will be fine. They will be alot cheaper than Mopar and probably availabe very quickly. I wonder if you can even get OEM anymore?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

Simon beat me to it. For the calipers I would just get the rebuilt units. for the time & effort involved to disassemble, clean, inspect, & reassemble calipers I'll anta up the money and buy rebuilt.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

I found new for $50 a set. China crap though....?

Steve

'91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red

I found new for $50 a set. China crap though....?
    China crap? we haven't got that out here yet. I just use Fenco.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

well..throw me out some decnt brand names so I know I can trust then. Fenco?

Pretty much when you go to any store...you have a selection to choose from based on price. China crap is the "value" stuff.

Steve

'91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red

You have to list off names, we have different ones but Fenco is what I use at my shop, its good stuff.