Thread: 87 T2 not running right!!

87 T2 not running right!!

Having a run issue with the 87 T2. Codes that come up are:
    11,12,24,33. 11,12, and 33 don't concern me much cause I checked for codes right after installing the battery before even cranking it, so that's why I assume 11 and 12 come up, after cranking either 11 or 12 goes away, can't remember which. 33 is a/c problem, a/c which I don't have. 24 is bad tps. I tried a different tps, unplugged the battery and reconnected, same codes. Haven't tried starting it again yet cause the battery(garbage) is almost dead. Anyway, last time when I did get it started it ran very badly, almost like it was running on two cylinders. I had to give it some throttle to keep running, and part throttle or full throttle made no difference on rpm or smoothness.

Checked and confirmed spark at all 4 plugs, all plugs were a bit wet but not drenched with fuel, total run time maybe 10 seconds. Anyone got any ideas? It was running fine before putting it away for the winter. I plan to get a fuel pressure tester and check for fuel pressure at the rail as well as do a compression test to make sure nothing is wrong on the inside. Was also going to try a different map sensor to ensure there's nothing wrong there but other than that I'm all out of ideas.

Hybrid booster

Re: 87 T2 not running right!!

add a few extra grounds....also add an extra ground to fuel rail.........

replace all vac lines...........

be very careful checking map vac line............replace.

sounds like bad plug wires/cap/rotor

deuce

turbo addict

make sure that the wires from the TPS to the LM are good. But even with the TPS disconnected the car should run ok but you'll be limited to 3k rpms.

Thanks. I've added new ground straps for the engine and the fuel rail. Plugs/wires/cap/rotor are all brand new. It's running the bare minimum of vac lines but I think the one to the map may be old...