Thread: large NPR intercooler

Garrett booster

large NPR intercooler

what's the size of a large NPR also will it fit in a SL ? what HP are they good up to thanks ?

Garrett booster

Re: large NPR intercooler

I don't have the actual dimensions but I have one (mostly) installed in my Lancer Shelby. It fits very nicely they way I mounted it, it does of course require cutting of the rad support. The only real issue I ran into was with the top header panel around the inner headlights, it hits the end tanks of the cooler. I had to trim that so the cooler fits. Since I cut part of the header panel where one of the headlight adjusters was, I had to makeshift one new adjuster for each inner headlight, I just used a long screw drilled through the headlight bucket into the header panel. You would never knew I cut the header panel because of the headlight bucket inserts cover it all. As for HP gains, I really don't know, I just hear its a pretty decent cooler - and it fills the front of my car very nice.

Here are some picture, but I do not have pics of the header panel cutting I did or headlight buckets/adjusters.

Hope that helps.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Looks like the same one I used to have in my SL. I had it mounted underhood where the A/C condenser was (no cutting) Used an Omni radiator sitting between the IC in/out. I removed it all and it's now in my Omni GLH.

Garrett booster

well i would like not to cut up my car .looks cool but i dont know if i would cut up the SL just in case i want to upgrade from the NPR

turbo addict

i think the small npr fits without cutting on an l body