Thread: Turbo problem?

Hybrid booster

Turbo problem?

My turbo is spooling fine, it's not smoking, but it is spiting way to much oil out the compressor outlet. Is that a common thing or should I think about replacing it?

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Mario's Avatar

Re: Turbo problem?

I'd check your PCV system first. If that's all in check, do a leak down test. From there you should be able to determine if it's your engine, or your turbo.
    Mario Di Cesare [url]www.boostedmopar.com[/url] 1985 Dodge Omni GLH - The Original "BOOSTBOX" 1991 Spirit R/T - "Grandma Boost" [url]http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=270429&postcount=1[/url]

Hybrid booster

My PCV system is an open loop. It's just a filter at the valve cover. Does it has to have a vacuum source for it to run properly?

Hybrid booster

ive got a catch can now, im interested to see how that works opposed to the filter idea

Hybrid booster

I ran the PVC valve back to manifold vacuum, the other side of the nipple I ran it to the intake side, that way it would get good suction under boost. I also reinstalled the BOV which I was planning to do anyways after the new intercooler, and the oil puddle in the lower hose is gone. What did it, I'm not sure. Could it be that not running a BOV on a turbo with dynamic seals would cause it to spitt oil out?
    Last edited by gvare001; 04-15-2007 at 02:53 PM.