Thread: building an intake

boostaholic

building an intake

I would like to build an intake for a upcoming project,Im looking for a stock intake for the engine I will be building but its not looking very well.I was going to take the stocker and cut it off and weld a plenum(maby a fire extinguisher) to it,but the search for the stock intake isnt going real well and Im looking at building one and want to know where to gett eh flanges and tubing for it.

turbo addict

Re: building an intake

There is a 2 piece on ebay for 150 bucks buy it now price if you want to try just making a plenum to match the lower half.

turbo addict

Re: building an intake

Quote Originally Posted by WVRampage View Post
    I would like to build an intake for a upcoming project,Im looking for a stock intake for the engine I will be building but its not looking very well.I was going to take the stocker and cut it off and weld a plenum(maby a fire extinguisher) to it,but the search for the stock intake isnt going real well and Im looking at building one and want to know where to gett eh flanges and tubing for it.

I started one exactly like your speaking about and took it to a welder. He wanted 200-250 bucks to weld it. So, check on welding prices if you dont have a TIG. It was cheaper for me to buy one already done.

I still have the stuff pictured here if youre still interested.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ghlight=intake