Thread: cooling

cooling

ok on my 2.5 shadow if your driving down the road at a steady speed it stays fairly cool but if you have to go through town and stop at lights alot it will start getting hotter and hotter.also if you get into it a little bit it will get pretty hot.when it gets hot and you shut it off theres so much pressure in the system that water will come out the line from the overflow to the radiator where it attaches to the radiator.ive asked a couple people and they think it is my thermostat.what do you guys think ? please help i need this fixed

Re: cooling

try unplugging the coolant temp sensor on the the t-stat housing and make sure your rad fan is coming on. if it is, then i would look toward the rad cap/ air in the system, and last but not least, the t-stat.
    just a fyi, after unplugging the coolant temp. sensor, disconnect the battery to reset the computer to get rid of the code 22

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

As suggested, make sure the fan is working. It sounds like your overheating and when you get home, its boiling over.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

ok great.if it is air in the system how do i get it back to normal?do i have to flush all of the fluid out

Quote Originally Posted by 89pbody View Post
    ok great.if it is air in the system how do i get it back to normal?do i have to flush all of the fluid out
    no need to flush it out, i usally let it warm up w/ the cap loose and add to it, squeezing the air bubbles out of the top rad hose. i also have a modded t-stat which helps to burp the rest of the system, leaving the air trapped in the hose rather than the water box.(t-stat housing)