Thread: Colorado RallyX April 21st-22nd

Colorado RallyX April 21st-22nd

Made by one of the CO RallyX guys. I'll be there in the CSX.
    Has good info and pics.

The New 2007 Season Is Here!

Starting at CORE (Colorado Off-Road Extreme). The track can be divided in many configurations, and has an optional jump. This will be the site of a few of the races this year. Here is a overhead shot:

Schedule for the 1st Event:

Saturday 21st of April:
    Evening Meet at CORE track, bon-fire, cook-off, and Night Stages
    Camp that night

Sunday 22nd of April:
    7:00am to 8:00am - Course Setup
    8:00am to 9:00am - Registration
    9:00am to 9:30am - Tech Inspection
    9:30am to 9:40am - Drivers Meeting
    9:40am to 10:00am - Course Worker Check-in
    10:00am - Racing STARTS (FIRST CAR)
    Tentative Afternoon Schedule
    (times will differ by a few minutes at each event)
    12pm to 1pm - Lunch Break
    1pm - Racing RESUMES
    2:30pm to 3:00pm - Scoring Checked, followed by Posting of results.
    3pm to 4pm - Course Clean-up

Directions to CORE:
    Basically take 70 east till you get to Deer Trail, then make a right after the exit and then a left at the T intersection. Now you'll be on a 2 lane frontage road and keep going till you get to 2nd LEFT that goes under the highway (about 4 miles), not the first one that goes under the highway but the second. Then Colorado Off Road Extreme will be the first RIGHT after the highway underpass.

Price:
    Anyone with a drivers license, and a satisfactory car can run! Extra Helmets will be available to borrow if you don't have one
    $30 for non-SCCA members
    $25 for SCCA members
    Free to watch

What is RallyCross?
    Rallycross is a form of SCCA solo racing. Think of it as Autocross on dirt. We make a course from cones in a flat dirt area. Cars compete against the clock one-at-a-time.

We run a 10-event season at 5 locations. Some are gravel parking lots, some are hard-packed dirt, some can be muddy, and a couple are ice. We're a small group of usually 35-50 competitors. We normally make 3 or 4 runs in the morning in two run groups, then we take a lunch break, and we run the course in reverse 3 or 4 runs in the afternoon. "Fun Runs" are common after the competition is complete.

We only have 5 classes. They can be summarized this way:

Open - Usually 4WD or AWD cars. Engine is unrestricted with the following exceptions:
    Engine block must be derived from the product line of the vehicle manufacturer
    Adjusted displacement cannot exceed 5100cc (See the rules page for more information)
    Group 5 - Larger displacement, modified 2WD cars, supercharging allowed
    Group 2 - Modified 2WD, normally aspirated cars with engine displacement near 2 liters
    Production GT - Turbocharged 2 liter AWD cars, or larger displacement FWD cars. Usually Subaru Impreza WRXs, or Impreza RSs
    Production - 2 liter FWD cars, or smaller displacement AWD cars. Usually VW Golf/Jetta's, Honda Civics, Toyota Celicas and Corollas, Nissan Sentras, and older Subaru DLs and GLs.

Links:
    http://www.coloradorallycross.org - Colorado RallyCross Official Site
    http://www.scca.org/- SCCA Official Site
    http://www.scca-cdr.org/ - Colorado Divide Region
    http://www.coloradorallycross.org/rules.html - Rules

-Wade
    wade@jr-ms.com

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: Colorado RallyX April 21st-22nd

Damn that looks like fun... if only there were events like that closer to Chicao, I'd probably build a car to play in the mud with.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Hybrid booster

Damn!!! I'm jealous! Colorado isn't too far away from me!!! What kind of setup do you have on the CSX? Post some pictures and vid if possible!!! Good Luck and keep the shinny side up!

D.Folsom
    Hillsboro Oregon

Nothing special.
    Just rebuilt motor, 2.5" exhaust, gutted interior, Mopar stage 2 LM, race seats and rally tires. Stock suspension right now. No video yet, but here's a couple pics from last winter's RallyX:
    http://www.jr-ms.com/RallyX11-16-6.html

Plan is to get it caged and prepped for stage rally and hill climb. Hopefully by the '09 season. But time (and money) will tell.

Hybrid booster

Sweet, good to see another turbo Dodge guy thats into rally!