Thread: NEW: Carrillo Rods by FWD Performance

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Vendor

Thumbs up NEW: Carrillo Rods by FWD Performance

FWD Performance is happy to offer genuine MADE in AMERICA Carrillo rods. These are some of the highest quality rods available anywhere. These rods are forged from Carrillo’s own proprietary steel to provide the greatest strength and balance possible. Coupled with CARR’s multiphase, 285,000 PSI indefinite assembly bolts, they are virtually indestructible. Don’t be fooled by marketing tactics that offer the same quality rod but deliver something far inferior. Depend on Carrillo and FWD Performance to keep your motor together in the most extreme circumstances. 1400.00 dollars buys you a set made to most order specifications. Visit www.fwdperformance.com to make your purchase. Please allow ample time for delivery.
    Last edited by JamesL; 04-07-2007 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Change title to make the issue less disruptive
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR] is a performance parts and service business catering to a variety of high performance cars. We carry a full line of products to service and upgrade [I][COLOR="#FF0000"]Turbo Mopars, Shelby Dodges and Chryslers[/COLOR][/I] of all makes, models and years. From parts to service, fabrication and dyno tuning there is something for everyone. Visit our store at [COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR], we'd love to hear from you![/SIZE]

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Mario's Avatar

Re: NEW: Real Carrillo Rods by FWD Performance

Nice to see more products being offered.
    Mario Di Cesare [url]www.boostedmopar.com[/url] 1985 Dodge Omni GLH - The Original "BOOSTBOX" 1991 Spirit R/T - "Grandma Boost" [url]http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=270429&postcount=1[/url]

turbo addict

i would love to see what these look like.
    I know the main selling point with carillo is their very careful watch over the quality of the metal they use so maybe a picture cant do justice.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Vendor

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    i would love to see what these look like.
    I know the main selling point with carillo is their very careful watch over the quality of the metal they use so maybe a picture cant do justice.
    If you've never seen a Carrillo rod...its like opening the hood to see your first 426 Hemi or Boss 429. Jaw dropping.

That said, I'd really like to see the price a lot lower so we are hoping to come to some agreement with them. It's an expensive buy-in to get the pricing we really wanted to start with.

I also spent some time on the phone talking with Tom Molnar at K1 this morning. I must say I was very impressed. He was very explicit about his rods not being Carrillo and correcting the misinformation being put out by his resellers. Having said that, Carrillo wouldn't buy just any rod company. Couple that with Tom’s credentials and you can trust he has a solid product. Feel free to email him Tom Molnar at K1 tom.m@k1technologies.com or Susan Williams susan.w@k1technologies.com if you have any questions. He is a very amiable individual. Kudos to TU for getting this companies product to the TD market first! Perhaps the TD community will benefit further with pricing should K1 find the need to increase production.
    Last edited by JamesL; 04-07-2007 at 11:36 AM.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR] is a performance parts and service business catering to a variety of high performance cars. We carry a full line of products to service and upgrade [I][COLOR="#FF0000"]Turbo Mopars, Shelby Dodges and Chryslers[/COLOR][/I] of all makes, models and years. From parts to service, fabrication and dyno tuning there is something for everyone. Visit our store at [COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR], we'd love to hear from you![/SIZE]

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Nice post James, kudos to your attitude, I like it when we all get along for the better of our community

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
    Kudos to TU for getting this companies product to the TD market first! Perhaps the TD community will benefit further with pricing should K1/Carrillo find the need to increase production.
    wow, I have to say that this is the absolute FIRST TIME I have ever seen FWDP commend TU. I like your style James, lets keep it that way, sheer honesty = business due to lack of vendor bashing ++111(ok Ken? drunken stuper)

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

LOL more than O.K.. Nice Job FWDP. excellent post James.
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

Hybrid booster

Re: NEW: Carrillo Rods by FWD Performance

So - now wait.

Are the TU rods Carillo or K1?
    Are the FWD rods Carillo or K1?

I know it is all now the same company, but I feel that FWD is saying their rods are Carillo and the TU ones are K1?

I'm not trying to light a fire here. Just want some clarification.

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

Re: NEW: Carrillo Rods by FWD Performance

Further discussion about rods is general... aka not specific to this Vendor's offerings, should be posted here. I have moved some posts there already.
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=13500
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!