Well friday on my way to work my GTC started doing some weird things. It felt like one of the calipers was locking up. The car wouldn't hardly accelerate and it started drifting to one side. I'm amazed I made the 9 mile drive without incident. Well when it came time to leave I pulled my car in one of loading bays, got it up in the air and found that I could shake the right rear wheel back and forth with more than a few inches of play. I knew something was f----- at that point. Long short the serviceable wheel bearings were fried and the inner race had fused itself to the axle. Both races in the hub looks useless as well. With time being a factor I was trying to think of what car I could use for a donor when dawned on me that my 88 shelby Z may have the same setup. Sure enough with the only difference on the hub being a dust cover it worked great. The bearings on that car had even been repacked recently. So if you ever want to swap rear disc at least you know the 88 hub and axles are the same as 89 and possibly a few years newer. Also noted that the backing plate in which the caliper bolts is the same from solid disc to vented on 89s and like I said possibly newer. The only difference being caliper and rotor. Vice versa if you have an 88 all you need is the backing plate and the parking brake cables. I'd buy new rotors and calipers anyways. Not sure if this info has been posted in a FAQ are or if this is even the right spot to put this but there you have it.

Joseph