Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TU Brand-X Billett H-Beam Rods = K1, a Carrillo company

Re: TU Brand-X Billett H-Beam Rods = Carrillo

After what happened on Thursday maybe we should have a "Dedicated Enthusiast" award for making it to the meeting even after breaking down.

Kudos to Alan for still making it to the meeting.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    After what happened on Thursday maybe we should have a "Dedicated Enthusiast" award for making it to the meeting even after breaking down.

Kudos to Alan for still making it to the meeting.

Chris-TU
    Gee Chris, thanks loads, now everyone knows that I neglected to fully tighten the cam sproket bolts when I built the GLHS motor and they have been progressively loosening up over the 3K or so miles since it's been running. Thursday night the intake cam bolt walked out far enough for the belt to get thrown off Fortunately I was able to coast to the freeway offramp to in front of a GM dealership with plenty of lights. It's nice to have a valve cover that comes off in just two minutes to realign the cams then requires no sealant After that, retiming a motor is usually no big deal but with the Masi's intake manifold distributor access is a bust so a bit of guesswork was involved as to lining up the intermeadiate shaft. The nice salesmen at GM were good enough to offer me a 'killer deal' on one of their three remaining '06 GTO's seeing as how I 'needed a new car' as they put it I have a history of undertightening critical fasteners Score one for non-interference motors

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Gee Chris, thanks loads, now everyone knows that I neglected to fully tighten the cam sproket bolts when I built the GLHS motor and they have been progressively loosening up over the 3K or so miles since it's been running. Thursday night the intake cam bolt walked out far enough for the belt to get thrown off Fortunately I was able to coast to the freeway offramp to in front of a GM dealership with plenty of lights. It's nice to have a valve cover that comes off in just two minutes to realign the cams then requires no sealant After that, retiming a motor is usually no big deal but with the Masi's intake manifold distributor access is a bust so a bit of guesswork was involved as to lining up the intermeadiate shaft. The nice salesmen at GM were good enough to offer me a 'killer deal' on one of their three remaining '06 GTO's seeing as how I 'needed a new car' as they put it I have a history of undertightening critical fasteners Score one for non-interference motors

I didn't know Masi motors were non-interference... very cool!

You should've replied to the salesman with a "the day I find a GTO to walk on this car I'll buy one!"

turbo addict

Hey Aaron, in your sig, didn't know that FWD cars had drivelines

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

Further discussion about rods is general... aka not specific to this Vendor's offerings, should be posted here. I have moved some posts there already.
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=13500
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    Who's got the LD award for driving their TD to a meeting? And with the least # of tools?? hehe
    Drove my 'S from San Diego without so much as a screwdriver.

Hybrid booster

Re: TU Brand-X Billett H-Beam Rods = K1, a Carrillo company

I drive to and from San Diego once a month with no tools in the R/T. People say I'm crazy, but I like to think that the cars are actually reliable. I torque the cam sprocket bolts to 65 ftlbs. That way I know I did it because of bringing out the torque wrench every time. Kinda like main, rod, and head bolts. Very few rods are made in the US any more. I can only think of Manley, Oliver, and Crower. (besides Carrillo)

turbo addict

Pretty good, might have ya beat though. Drove from Spokane Wa 1300+ miles with no tools other than my swiss army knife I did have family matters to attend down there but I kinda scheduled them so I could make the meeting as it was definately a top priority in the trip I did bring a spare tire of course but around town it's never in.

Pretty good, might have ya beat though. Drove from Spokane Wa 1300+ miles with no tools other than my swiss army knife I did have family matters to attend down there but I kinda scheduled them so I could make the meeting as it was definately a top priority in the trip I did bring a spare tire of course but around town it's never in.
    Call me a pessimist/realist then, I drag around the full boneyard bag EVERY time I'm driving one of the cars. Actually, it lives in the DD too, never know when my schedule takes me right past a boneyard That numbered Shelby/16V Lotus car/16V TC is not going to just wait for me to go home and get tools... Missed a two piece manifold once by less than ten minutes cause I 'had to run home' for tools.

People don't plan to fail, they fail to plan.

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife

boostaholic

Pessimist

I also drive it to Phoenix and Tucson from San Diego with no tools. Maybe I'm a better mechanic? My cam sprocket bolt doesn't back out! J/K

turbo addict

Hahahahhahaha +1, we're just better Mechanics than you Alan

Hahahahhahaha +1, we're just better Mechanics than you Alan
    No debate from me, one time, I carefully assembled the head on my Shelby Lancer, everything so clean/degreased/painted the kind of job that makes you feel good about it. For the last hour or so, neighbor was over and we tipped a couple back. It started first try and I gently drove it around the block. By the time I got home, steam was puking everywhere. I did everything just right, except I forgot to torque the head down.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

That's OK Alan, we all done that.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    That's OK Alan, we all done that.
    Not me,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

Not me either. But I forgot to put the ball joint bolt in once... It lasted to the first stop sign before the ball joint and knuckle came apart. :*(

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123