Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TU Brand-X Billett H-Beam Rods = K1, a Carrillo company

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Re: TU Brand-X Billett H-Beam Rods = Carrillo

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    China is pretty much the sole reason steel prices are so high right now (well, they were super high). They are buying all of OUR scrap steel, ie good quality stuff. They are building BRAND NEW steel plants and mills, using top of the line technology that rivals what we have here in the US. Deny it all you want, but just because its made in china, doesnt make it crap, anymore.

Now, back on topic.
    I don't want to crap on a specific china made product, but I will say it's the actual quality of machining that is poor. You can have state of the art CNC equipment, but the setup and programming and maintence just as critical. I get chnia import manchinist tools to save the shop some $, but the endmills are crap and the carbides are inferior. I am seeing that 1st hand.

...now, back to quality made rods at hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

Hold on buddy Fuc*ers!!!!!!!!!Get youre heads out of the sand .

We have the perfect product comparison.

Would u want an obx diff or a quiffe diff

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turboking View Post
    Hold on buddy Fuc*ers!!!!!!!!!Get youre heads out of the sand .

We have the perfect product comparison.

Would u want an obx diff or a quiffe diff
    I really hate the direction that some people are trying to steer this thread in.

This comparison that you have put forth fails to be supported by any logic. Please go away.

It is what it is. I aint going away , i luv my td to much!!!!!

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

Guys, knock it off. Don't speculate and most importantly, be respectful to each other and the vendors. If you have questions, ASK Chris.
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

K1 Technologies President Tom Molnar contacted me this morning in regards to the misinformation that is being posted on both message boards by other vendors. If you would like the "straight" scoop on the acquisition of K1 Technologies by Carrillo or information on the quality of the rods that he makes for us you can reach him at 616-583-9700 or sales@k1technologies.com. He looks forward to clearing up all the false statements that are being made.

Thanks again for everyone's support!

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Hoosier Daddy?? Turbo Mopar Staff Clay's Avatar

Chris,

To make this as easy as possible, would it be an option to have Mr. Molnar send you an email or some document with the right information??

That would probalby save him some headache as well!
    Clay
    1986 GLH-T - Flat black......... learn it, love it, LIVE IT!
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

I just called him and we had a nice chat, Tom does all the designing for K1 rods and he designed all the Oliver rods up until 2 years ago when he and a friend started K1, basically the day he started K1, Carrillo has been after him and his company and it took 2 years to work out the details. I think Tom said he even designed rods for Carrillo.
    These rods are made offshore but to K1 specs, he said I wish I could see them side by side with Eagle, it would make Eagle rods like like a kid in Kindergarten made them. He and his company will stand by EVERY rod made that Chris sells.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

boostaholic

I held them in my hands last night....and oh man, I can tell you the machining and peening is top notch. I'm sure the metallurgical content is controlled to Mr. Molnar's spec's.
    Anyhow, I would not hesitate to beat the heck out of them!

Nice product Chris!

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

I honestly wish I could afford them, next time,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 87glhs232 View Post
    I held them in my hands last night....and oh man, I can tell you the machining and peening is top notch. I'm sure the metallurgical content is controlled to Mr. Molnar's spec's.
    Anyhow, I would not hesitate to beat the heck out of them!

Nice product Chris!
    Oh yeah, sweet where'd you get a set of those

Nice to have the some of the San Diego crew out to our humble little TD meeting last night. You get the long distance award for April but the NorCal guys drive down sometimes so they will trump you there

Sorry the Masi S car was a bit late, nothing like replacing a cam belt roadside Kinda killed the joyride seesion that usually ensues. Hit me up next time for sure...

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Nice to have the some of the San Diego crew out to our humble little TD meeting last night. You get the long distance award for April but the NorCal guys drive down sometimes so they will trump you there

We just made it back from the CA SDAC meeting a few minutes ago. Hmmm, I thought I usually get the Long Distance award

In any case, Johnny from PolyBushings.com was nice enough to make it down from his new crib in Coos Bay, Oregon so I think he should get the LD award this month.

Nice chatting with you Johnny and Happy Birthday AGAIN

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    We just made it back from the CA SDAC meeting a few minutes ago. Hmmm, I thought I usually get the Long Distance award

In any case, Johnny from PolyBushings.com was nice enough to make it down from his new crib in Coos Bay, Oregon so I think he should get the LD award this month.

Chris-TU

I hope I get the long distance award when I come out to the meeting the first week of June
    Brad Pennington-Proud SDAC Member 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Premium Turbo Convertible 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT Competition 1 of 30

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post

Chris-TU
    I happen to know that you were in town on business, checking with suppliers the USPS, etc Johnny was in town to visit his Bro that lives TWO BLOCKS from Applebees so he is out of the running too. Josh and BoostinBuggy came JUST for the meeting

Although I have to admit it Chris, it is nice to have you out (when you bring parts)

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

boostaholic

It,s nice to have Chris regardless why he,s there.

boostaholic

Andy (austriandodge) gets the all time award for that one! It was good seeing everyone again. I was shocked to see Johnny! We'll be up more often.

Butch- I'm putting that radiator bracket on TODAY. I PROMISE! I knew you would give me crap over that! Oh....and the apostrophe key is next to the enter button....quit using the comma!

boostaholic

Hey whoever said I was literate Josh.

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    I happen to know that you were in town on business, checking with suppliers the USPS, etc Johnny was in town to visit his Bro that lives TWO BLOCKS from Applebees so he is out of the running too. Josh and BoostinBuggy came JUST for the meeting

Although I have to admit it Chris, it is nice to have you out (when you bring parts)

Alan,

Lately, the primary reason why I come out is for the meetings. When necessary I do hit some of our LA vendors while I'm out there. This trip was strictly for the meeting though.

Chris-TU

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Austrian Dodge's Avatar

I might compete for the long distance award in september

turbo addict

Who's got the LD award for driving their TD to a meeting? And with the least # of tools?? hehe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast