Thread: Fuel management?

turbo addict

Fuel management?

I know there are some things out there you can use as a piggy back style fuel injector controller. I have seen it on Alan's (Shelby16v) car and Odonti's I was wondering what they are called and where to get one Thanks!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Fuel management?

Why not just run a custom cal? It will be cheaper than a piggy back, and control things in a much better manner.

turbo addict

I plan on doing that with my td and smec cars but I am actually looking for something for my wifes corolla to tune for better gas mileage

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    I plan on doing that with my td and smec cars but I am actually looking for something for my wifes corolla to tune for better gas mileage
    I believe the Inovate wide band's have an adjustable output. I don't know how much better gas mileage you are going to get in a corrolla by doing that though. I have picked up much better gains from adjusting my timing in vac than by messing with AFR.

It will take a lot of gas savings to pay for the device used to get the gas savings. You will probably never recoup your losses.

turbo addict

what exactly did you do with your timing in vac? advance or retard?
    On the fact of making up for economy I don't really care much i am doing it more for the fact that I can say I did it rather than saving money

what exactly did you do with your timing in vac? advance or retard?
    On the fact of making up for economy I don't really care much i am doing it more for the fact that I can say I did it rather than saving money
    I advance it in vacuum. I'm getting 42-45mpgs on the freeway at 55mph in my shadow...

turbo addict

Thats great! What are you running smec,lm, sbec? and what is the motor 2.2, 2.5, turbo? Can you post your cal on here so i can take a look?

Thats great! What are you running smec,lm, sbec? and what is the motor 2.2, 2.5, turbo? Can you post your cal on here so i can take a look?
    It's an SBEC with a FWD cal that I have since modified. I can try to post up some screen shots of the timing tables which I have created myself.

turbo addict

thanks!

He forgot to tell you that he has only gotten up to 55mph 2 times in his life. Once was behind an 18 wheeler going downhill on a sheet of ice off a cliff. The other was to SDAC last year. I was so stunned, I had to take a picture for historical purposes.

[SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    He forgot to tell you that he has only gotten up to 55mph 2 times in his life. Once was behind an 18 wheeler going downhill on a sheet of ice off a cliff. The other was to SDAC last year. I was so stunned, I had to take a picture for historical purposes.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d10/jkp9900/DSC_0014.jpg[/img]
    That was pretty funny. I actually don't get the mpgs in the omni that I do in the shadow because of the short tires which are on it.

Anyway, here is a screen shot of my part throttle timing table. I run 87 octane on this with no problems. IIRC it is really only 90' TI timing with the dip taken out in vac.

Brian, this is some of the tuning I wouldn't mind doing in addition to setting the values for fuel tables this weekend. If I can get mid 30's in my car for MPG, I'll be pleasantly happy.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Brian, this is some of the tuning I wouldn't mind doing in addition to setting the values for fuel tables this weekend. If I can get mid 30's in my car for MPG, I'll be pleasantly happy.
    I would think that it should be no problem to do that.

This is going to be an interesting trip up there. I'm going to have to plan for 10 minutes for every stop I make on the way up to compensate for the extra time it will take to start my car after it has been running because of the fuel issue I have now.

This is going to be an interesting trip up there. I'm going to have to plan for 10 minutes for every stop I make on the way up to compensate for the extra time it will take to start my car after it has been running because of the fuel issue I have now.
    That is the craziest thing. I'm going to adjust the same table in TLMv8 before I leave. It seems much worse in my car with stock TLMv8 vs. the worked over TLMv6 I was running in there.

Should I reduce the fuel pressure on the road up there? I seem to be getting 27-28 MPG in the car with the pressure set to stock. Will reducing it help or will it worsen the issue I'm having? I have no idea.

Should I reduce the fuel pressure on the road up there? I seem to be getting 27-28 MPG in the car with the pressure set to stock. Will reducing it help or will it worsen the issue I'm having? I have no idea.
    It really shouldn't make a difference since the computer will fight to bring it back to 14.7 on average. I have found when you fight the computer too much, it is counter productive.