Thread: stock t2 cooler vs conquest tsi cooler...

Garrett booster

stock t2 cooler vs conquest tsi cooler...

i want to upgrade my intercooler... the car is adaily driver and im lookin to ake it more efficant for the least amount of $$ possible!! so far its working great...... i can get a conquest intercooler for $20 from a buddy.... how does the quest cooler compair to my stocker???? im lookin for alittle more flow and better cooling... and the price is right....

please stay on track.. i know abig spearco or soemthing like that would be the best option but i dont need something like that right now (i wil be running a co2 sprayer on it..... AND icing it at the track..... but i need to fight the power lose from summer city driving...

pro/con on the coolers... like i said i want to make sure the $20 is worth it for my car.. for abetter flowing better cooling cooler.... the conquest is bigger so more surface area for cooling so i know thats a bonus right there

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Mario's Avatar

Re: stock t2 cooler vs conquest tsi cooler...

The Conquest intercooler will definately be a step up from the stocker. Another option at $20 or less is a DSM 1G intercooler.
    Mario Di Cesare [url]www.boostedmopar.com[/url] 1985 Dodge Omni GLH - The Original "BOOSTBOX" 1991 Spirit R/T - "Grandma Boost" [url]http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=270429&postcount=1[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    The Conquest intercooler will definately be a step up from the stocker. Another option at $20 or less is a DSM 1G intercooler.
    I agree completely about the 1g DSM coolers. They flow great! Good enough to go from a maximum boost of 18 psi out of a mitsu with the w/g shimmed completely shut and a stock TII cooler to 22-23 psi with the same turbo and a DSM cooler.

The only downside is that they're fairly thick and have a relatively small surface area so they don't shead heat quite as well. If you're going to be spraying co2 though, I doubt this will be much of a problem. I've run one to 28 psi on pump gas with alcohol injection and no problems unless you count the busted transmission.

for 20$ i would grab it. its biggest obstacle is the 1 7/8 in/outs. increase them and you have plenty of i/c.
    dennis doza sr. went 11.7 in his 87 charger w/one, pretty sure his in/outs were increased in size.

Garrett booster

ok.. i will be picking it up this weekend. and imm have my buddy make new ins/outs for it...

thanks guys