Thread: a604 with "internal valve" issue

Hybrid booster

a604 with "internal valve" issue

sister has a a604 93 3.0

It has some issues once running shifting, the mechanic says it's a "internal valve" issue, he doesn't tear into the inards of trannys so he told me I could probably fix it with everything I have done.

how difficult woutl it be and what would I have to replace?

Or should I just buy the stuff and get a tranny shop to replace it or just let them do it all themselves?

I don't like auto trannies nor do I own one give me a 5spd anyday, blow it up replace in a day and keep going!

Re: a604 with "internal valve" issue

Quote Originally Posted by Sethyboy85 View Post
    sister has a a604 93 3.0

It has some issues once running shifting, the mechanic says it's a "internal valve" issue, he doesn't tear into the inards of trannys so he told me I could probably fix it with everything I have done.

how difficult woutl it be and what would I have to replace?

Or should I just buy the stuff and get a tranny shop to replace it or just let them do it all themselves?

I don't like auto trannies nor do I own one give me a 5spd anyday, blow it up replace in a day and keep going!
    don't like auto trans because you have a problem with one... sure hate that mentality.

to fix your problem, first you must have the exact code that it is giving. then you need to go thru the service manual for that code. it may involve having a scanner to retreive data, a pressure gage to read line pressures, etc. the problem you are vaguely describing could be one of a hundred things. if you really have no clue what your doing nor the tools/manuals to properly repair or diagnose, it is best to have a professional do this repair