Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100,000 Mile ACR

Authorized Vendor Turbo Mopar Vendor BadFastGTC's Avatar

100,000 Mile ACR

The car went into service on 10/18/05. March 9, 2007 it turned over 100,000! The car had only the second set of KDW tires on it. 17,000 miles were run with snow tires last winter. I went through this past winter with the KDW meats. Quaife diffs are fun in the snow! I'm on the second set of front pads and the rears were just changed at 101,000. Other than that, the car has been pretty flawless. The OZ wheels are off of Sledgehammer as I "tweaked" one of the BBS wheels.

Steve M.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100KACR.JPG 
Views:	247 
Size:	139.5 KB 
ID:	3877   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SRT1.JPG 
Views:	297 
Size:	156.0 KB 
ID:	3878  

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: 100,000 Mile ACR

Sounds cool, got pics for us?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

I do not know where in the world they were the first time around, but here ya go!

Steve M.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Sounds cool, got pics for us?

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Doh! Nice looking car! Also AWESOME 100000 (even) miles picture

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

I wish mine was that reliable. Mine just turned over 21k miles.
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

That is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

I was up in Rochester with the car a few weeks ago when all that snow and 50MPH winds were blasting through. Cars and trucks were all over the median strips. Careful crusing with the car got me where I needed to go and back, but it was hairy!

I just wish I didn't have that freaking third gear issue with my trans. The car has never been shifted at WOT, not even once. That has really been the only issue save for a weird intermittent stumble. I looked at the TPS wiring and secured it, but I cannot say for sure whether that solved the issue since it occurs so infrequently. Other than those two things, it has been a great little car. I put a set of the Hotchkis sways on it as I didn't like the factory stuff at all. I took a trip in the car to S.C. to deliver a part and for the 1461 mile round trip the car averaged 25.52MPG while completing the trip in 17.75 hours. All but 82 MPH average. Heh-heh.

Steve M.

Quote Originally Posted by slasky View Post

Glad to add it to the mix. The car is a load of fun. I'm trying so hard to leave it stock.......

Steve M.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    That is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor "Top Fuel" Bender's Avatar

With Pettijohn driving all those imports around
    You'll be passing him soon
    150,000 by Sdac?

turbo addict

If I was looking to buy a newer car I would definitely give the ACR a hard look. Nice ride
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by BadFastGTC View Post
    I was up in Rochester with the car a few weeks ago when all that snow and 50MPH winds were blasting through. Cars and trucks were all over the median strips. Careful crusing with the car got me where I needed to go and back, but it was hairy!
    With snow tires on mine it can make it through just about anything. It handles better in the snow than most of the 4wd vehicles that I have owned.
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."

I know for a fact that the stock tires on the SRT4 make winter driving impossible! Just don't feel like going out and spending $500 on tires just yet.

100k, Niiiiiiice

That sucks

My 2005 has just over 36k on it now. No issues yet, but who knows now that the warranty is gone. I am currently running Stage 2 w and FM Enforcer 1 turbo and all the basic modifications (intake, 3" exhaust, etc). I bet I'll be breaking more stuff once Stage 3 gets here (clutch will probably get toasted).

You never know buddy. I'm over 105 now. By SDAC, I may be at 115 or a little more. I'd much rather be working on getting Sledgehammer ready for SDAC!

Steve M.

Quote Originally Posted by "Top Fuel" Bender View Post
    With Pettijohn driving all those imports around
    You'll be passing him soon
    150,000 by Sdac?

I had snow tires on it through the first winter it was on the road and had zero issues going anywhere. I left the KDW meats on it through this winter as I had just had them put on in Oct. along with an alignment, so I figured I'd see how she did. Hairy, but definitely could get along OK.

Steve M.

With snow tires on mine it can make it through just about anything. It handles better in the snow than most of the 4wd vehicles that I have owned.

Hybrid booster

Steve:
    Last time I saw your car at SRT Track experience I thought you took the spoiler off, no? And for some reason I thought you had a white one, guess not. I must be losing it as I get older. (Yoda voice) You very wise man speak of this "Sledgehammer" vehicle, what car is that?

Steve Eiker

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor "Top Fuel" Bender's Avatar

You never know buddy. I'm over 105 now. By SDAC, I may be at 115 or a little more. I'd much rather be working on getting Sledgehammer ready for SDAC!

Steve M.
    pic a day and lmk
    I'll swing on by

Garrett booster

The car went into service on 10/18/05. March 9, 2007 it turned over 100,000! The car had only the second set of KDW tires on it. 17,000 miles were run with snow tires last winter. I went through this past winter with the KDW meats. Quaife diffs are fun in the snow! I'm on the second set of front pads and the rears were just changed at 101,000. Other than that, the car has been pretty flawless. The OZ wheels are off of Sledgehammer as I "tweaked" one of the BBS wheels.

Steve M.
    Good to hear,

Have you changed any of the accesory belts, timing belt or water pump?? I am curius how long one can go on those on the 2.4 turbo.
    My wife's 03 PTGT is at about 60K miles, only have done fluid changes, 1 set of tires(stock had Bad Years) and a set of brake pads. I slap some studded snows on it for winter, works like a champ in the snow up her in Maine.

Steve,

I haven't taken anything off the car save for the factory sway bars and brake pads.

Sledgehammer is my Lebaron, named by my buddy Mike Marra. 1989 T2 GTC 5spd. car. That one is white, perhaps you were thinking of it. I did have a white ACR in mind and when it was sold out from underneath me, I got the black one.

Steve M.

Quote Originally Posted by GLHS069 View Post
    Steve:
    Last time I saw your car at SRT Track experience I thought you took the spoiler off, no? And for some reason I thought you had a white one, guess not. I must be losing it as I get older. (Yoda voice) You very wise man speak of this "Sledgehammer" vehicle, what car is that?

Steve Eiker

The block is up the machine shop and pistons have been ordered. It looks like it'll be a 2.2 if I manage to get it to SDAC this year. I'll keep the offer in mind bud!

Steve M.

Quote Originally Posted by "Top Fuel" Bender View Post
    pic a day and lmk
    I'll swing on by

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast