Thread: Lotashelbys Great Seller & Great Mechanic (Pics)

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Blue Iroc R/T's Avatar

Lotashelbys Great Seller & Great Mechanic (Pics)

I want to thank Jackson (lotashelbys) for selling us all the parts from a 91 parts car and all his help to convert my son Mark's 93 Daytona 2.5 Turbo A413 to a A568 (Small Spline) 5 Speed.
    http://www.pbase.com/rmscott/tranny_swap

We left Akron on Thurs night and towed Mark's Daytona 10 hours to Jacksons shop in Monroe, Wisconsin. We arrived at about 6:30am Friday morning and by noon, the engine and trans were out of Marks car. Then the work started on swapping the peddels, center console, adding bobble strut bracket and By 3:00pm Saturday, Marks car was on the road for a TRIAL run with the new A568. I say TRIAL, because after running for a shot time, we noticed a puddle of oil under the car. Put it back up on the hoist and found that the "Input Shaft Seal" on the trans was leaking. Only way to fix it was to pull the trans back out. This time we just pulled the trans. Jackson even had a NEW Seal in his collection of parts. We (Jackson did most of the work) replaced the seal and had the car back on the road by about 8:00pm Saturday night. WOW, what a work out. Loaded the car up Sunday morning and got back to Akron about 9pm Sunday night. The car runs great. It has taken a little while to get the 4 puck Ceramic Clutch broke in, but seems to be grabbing better every day.
    Thanks Jackson for all the work and a great deal! We had a Great visit and a great time working with you in your FABULOUS shop. That shop is every TD guys dream!
    Ralph Scott

93 Daytona Iroc R/T
    www.pbase.com/rmscott

Tow Vehicle/Daily Driver:
    02 Dakota Quad Cab 4x4
    http://www.pbase.com/rmscott/ralphs_dakota_quad_cab

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

Re: Lotashelbys Great Seller & Great Mechanic (Pics)

Now that's service!
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Re: Lotashelbys Great Seller & Great Mechanic (Pics)

Good to hear. I'll soon be sending a load of TIII stuff to Jackson to be freshened up. Heck, maybe I'll just drive there and drop it off myself!