Thread: T2 stock boost control components

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

T2 stock boost control components

Ok, I need to convert my k car back to 87 T2 style boost control so that I can use the ecm to control it. I run Geof Allans Blueberry 60 with my 2.5L mods done to the code so I have control over all the boost functions...

now what I need to know is the stock size of the "orifice" that is in this diagram.

also I assume that the thing marked "bleed" is just one of those little rubber things that has a piece of filter media in it to keep dust out. i think it is but all of my turbo cars have been converted and built from non turbo cars (minus the GTC but its apart right now) so I dont have alot of experience with a stock, unmolested harness and ive always used graingers.

also, what was the stock wastegate tension set to? mine somewhere around 11psi lol.

Brian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vac-t2-87.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	3811  

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Re: T2 stock boost control components

I don't know the size, but the stock orifice is the yellow one on the T-II cars. You probably have 10 of them in the bottom of your toolbox somewhere!

The bleed is just the open port on the solenoid. Originally, the solenoid had a foam filter on it, which is what you are seeing in the diagram.

Pat

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: T2 stock boost control components

thats what I thought about the bleed. ill have to look and see if I have any in my vacuum line bucket in the garage. I know I have some blue ones but I dunno about yellow. prolly though. thanks

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.