Thread: my shelby z's system install

Garrett booster

my shelby z's system install

Garrett booster

Re: my shelby z's system install

wow.. see if i share with you guys again lol

Garrett booster

Most of this forum is more performance based so people really don't put alot of money into sound. I like to even it out. I have 2 12's in a 3cu in sealed box in my Z. 300w rms it hit pretty hard. Hard enough to caused my louver to sound like windchimes and to make it so I can't see out any mirror or even see straight for that matter because it is hitting.

Garrett booster

thats the best part... im all about the straight line power but sinc ei drive it every day i needed to be comforatlbe and keep my sanity!!

my system weighs about 10 pounds!!! that 100th of asecond aint gonna kill me lol...

Hybrid booster

my zed had 4 12s in it, until i realized how heavy theye are

Garrett booster

lol yeah thats over kill.. i knew what i was doin before i started the system.. the last systemi had was a15 inch DD in a hugh box.. almost 100 pounds.. igot sick of takin it out to race ppl.. so i went small stealthy and light

turbo addict

My VNT Lebaron has a 600RMS 12" Kaption Audio, Alpine Type S dash tweeters, Infinity Reference 5-1/4" door speakers, alpine IPOD interfacing stereo, as well as a couple of pioneer 6x9s by the rear seats (these are getting replaced with infinity reference 6x9s, as well as the stock rear infinity speakers which will be getting replaced as well. When the car goes back on the road this summer it will be getting the temp. stuff in my omni as well, which is an RP2 RF 10", and a kenwood 640W 4 channel for the rears.

That said, having a convertible, I am very envious of your setup for the daytona. Wish I had that kind of floor space to play with.

Garrett booster

lol yeah its kinda nice.... i did this same set up on my 89 c/s before it went on a diet for more speed!!!

seems to be a awsome location for sound pressure cuz with a lil cheap boss 250 watt 4 cannel running 1-2 pridged at 4 omhs it slams!!! shakes the hole car and my buddy can hear me a ablock away from his house in the middle of the day!!
    and i have ownd some loud system ( 6 tens in a t bird) 4 12s in a c/s daytona..... and this is by far the happyest sounding bass i have had in along time... its loud but not to loud...

next step is , a set of tweets on the a pillars and pioneers in the doors.... no rear mids and high.. dont need arear stage for agood sounding set up

turbo addict

Personally I think my alpines in the dash were the biggest improvement after the sub, of course. However, they're a 2 way with the tiny tweeters in them, and I absolutely hate all the high end they pump out. Waaaay too much treble up front.

Hybrid booster

I've got an Eclipse HU, a pair of SoundStream Class A amps, a Phoenix Gold Bass Cube, a pair of L7 twelves, and SoundStream 6.5 pro components up front in mine.

It's not finished, I've gotta cut the facade piece for the top of the box & finish it out.

Garrett booster

Nice it looks pretty clean. When i first got my 2 12" JL's they were in a massive box. So i had them in the back seat of my lebaron vert ( due to the lack of trunk in the baron) . They pounded hard enough to bounce my 8 balls hanging from my rearview around like crazy and they also quite literally bounced my eyeballs around in my head lol. They have recently been relocated to a smaller box and in the trunk where they belong. I also have 2 pioneer 300 watt speakers in my doors, 2 lanzer 250 watts in the rear, and mtx tweeters in the dash where the stock ones were. I paid $200 for my subs and amp. And the rest only cost me $35. I love junk yards

Garrett booster

way to bring a thread back from the dead I'm looking to fit some 6.5 in the front doors has anyone done this yet ?

Mitsu booster

I put 6.5"s in the doors of my 88 when I was 18 just took some trimming. lol it's been 9 years! Where did my hair go?! They will fit without too much trouble.