Thread: Another vac line question

Garrett booster

Another vac line question

I need to plumb my rebuilt 2.5 in my Daytona and for now I just want to get it running no gvalve yet. I have a stock mitsu it has 3 ports on it do I only need to hook up the waste gate can to the manifold? also the map is plugged in to the solenoid and has one vac line to run to the manifold is that right? Last question where stock the stock BOV in the air box hookup?

Re: Another vac line question

you can hook up the WG can to the manifold but you will not see as much boost since it will open earlier. there is a solenoid between the map sensor and the manifold, its known as the baro solenoid. its used to get an ambient pressure reading. I'm not sure but I think some BOV's connect to the throttle body and others goto the manifold depending on the year
    95 spirit 3.0/543 15.0@91 N/A, 14.5@96 on a 50 shot RIP 87 shelby Z - project car, maybe I can drive it this year 91 spirit - roll it, chop the top, do some burnouts! RIP

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Dave's Avatar

Murph, I've never seen a BOV line run to the TB, All of them run directly to the manifold, in 90+ vehicles they are tied in with the boost reference line if memory serves me right.

You can plug off the port on the top of the compressor housing, run the line with a restrictor in from the lower port to the WG solenoid and be fine.

Also just run the BOV to the intake.

Garrett booster

Ok this might be a silly question but are there different kind of restrictors? also was there one in the stock plumbing that I can use?