Thread: TURBOS UNLEASHED experience

Mitsu booster

Smile TURBOS UNLEASHED experience

1/4: 0.000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In April of '06 I drove to Phoenix from Dallas to have my leaking Garrett turbocharger replaced by Chris Wright of TURBOS UNLEASHED. The experience was so positive that I chose to return to Phoenix in February of '07 to have my entire 135 CID 2.2L 4 5-speed w/Turbo II engine replaced by Chris rather than seek a closer (Houston) option.
    Chris' innovative ideas and mechanical expertise were crucial in giving me the confidence to use him for my engine replacement. He did a complete performance engine rebuild including forged pistons; a performance cylinder head package install; he replaced the transmission seals, installed a new kevlar clutch, resurfaced the flywheel and removed and reinstalled the engine and transmission.
    Chris suggested converting to a 3" exhaust system to improve my gas mileage, which proved to be correct! Now I have virtually no back pressure
    and a much smoother ride.
    He was always answering my questions and went above the call of duty to
    make sure the smallest details were explained and professionally covered. I would not hesitate to recommend him for his product knowledge, hospitality and willingness to make sure his customer gets the best possible job done.
    And there wasn't a shade tree in sight!
    This car is an '89 LeBaron which I am trying to restore, piece-by-piece, because I have no car payments and want it to last for a long time. It's a 5-speed convertible which is very collectible and worth keeping on the road. I'm new to the Mopar post site - please excuse the lack of information. If anyone in the Irving,TX area wants to see the engine Chris built and installed,
    e-mail me @ <mooseisloose44@verizon.net>.
    I'd be happy to arrange a viewing of his work.
    Bruce G.
    Irving, TX

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Re: TURBOS UNLEASHED experience

Quote Originally Posted by MoparBruce View Post
    This car is an '89 LeBaron which I am trying to restore, piece-by-piece, because I have no car payments and want it to last for a long time. It's a 5-speed convertible which is very collectible and worth keeping on the road. I'm new to the Mopar post site - please excuse the lack of information. If anyone in the Irving,TX area wants to see the engine Chris built and installed,
    e-mail me @ <mooseisloose44@verizon.net>.
    I'd be happy to arrange a viewing of his work.
    Bruce G.
    Irving, TX
    Welcome Bruce, glad to hear you had a good experience with TU, they've always treated me right as well. Also welcome to the forum, it sounds like you've got a cool ride and will fit right in here. I think we all would love to see pictures of the car and the engine.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Glad to hear our vendors stepping it up,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor "Top Fuel" Bender's Avatar

Oh great another Bruce
    Just kidding
    Welcome aboard
    And yes Cris and the crew are great