Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FWD Performance F-4 Cam

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

Re: FWD Performance F-4 Cam

We will be posting the F-5 cam specs when the cams are in stock and ready for sale. Until then, you'll just have to wait
    later,
    Cindy
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Hybrid booster

I have been wanting to try the F3 cam, but I use the factory manifold modded. The overlap and duration on the F4 looks like it needs FWDs header to really get used. People have complained about larger cams for years with the POS log header setups, a real header opens a whole new world without reversion.

I just want to use the PT lifters, not a shimmed stock lifter. That requires the custom billet to get the lobe without a smaller base circle. Big $ there, but as our heads flow horrid I am looking forward to a cam that holds the cam open longer with the lower lift. Maybe I shouldn't build 4 cars at once and I would have one really nice car?

Quote Originally Posted by The Pope View Post
    I have been wanting to try the F3 cam, but I use the factory manifold modded. The overlap and duration on the F4 looks like it needs FWDs header to really get used. People have complained about larger cams for years with the POS log header setups, a real header opens a whole new world without reversion.

I just want to use the PT lifters, not a shimmed stock lifter. That requires the custom billet to get the lobe without a smaller base circle. Big $ there, but as our heads flow horrid I am looking forward to a cam that holds the cam open longer with the lower lift. Maybe I shouldn't build 4 cars at once and I would have one really nice car?

Hybrid booster

bump kep the info coming

turbo addict

Uprgraded springs and followers needed?

Hybrid booster

I'm running FM springs I got over 10 years ago. Supposedly similar to the Super60 springs. Just using regular rollers, and high RPM lifters.

Quote Originally Posted by mw6886 View Post
    I'm running FM springs I got over 10 years ago. Supposedly similar to the Super60 springs. Just using regular rollers, and high RPM lifters.
    You might want to find someone who can pressure test those springs.

Mine were "thought" to be okay, a stock spring has a seat pressure of 105 supposedly. Mine tested at only 66 psi of seat pressure. Can anyone say mass valve float?

turbo addict

Yes, spring pressure checking is a very good idea. I will this time. I'm going with some Menegon spec springs but will still have them pressure checked. I was running MP 061 springs and ended up spitting a couple of rockers/ broke lifters and bent a valve stem spinning the engine to 7800rpm. Valve float can become a serious problem!!! The MP 061 springs seemed to be fine to around 7200rpm, but not much if any past that point. In my opinion the 8V valvetrain in in need of some help for high R's.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 8valves View Post
    You might want to find someone who can pressure test those springs.

Mine were "thought" to be okay, a stock spring has a seat pressure of 105 supposedly. Mine tested at only 66 psi of seat pressure. Can anyone say mass valve float?
    Well, I can tell you this. The last time I had the springs out was about 2 years ago. This was to swap them to a new head. Taking the stock springs out of a head is painless. Taking these springs out takes a some muscle and patience. So if that is a good indication of their pressure, I think they are OK for now. I don't spin a lot of RPMs anyhow, and the car certainly doesn't see daily driving.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by crazy1eye View Post
    The F4 specs are on the website... http://www.fwdperformance.com/store/...&ProductID=877

We just need to know the F5

We're still waiting....

Hybrid booster

Hey Cindy,
    I ran across this thread and am wondering (like everyone else) what the ETA might be on these new cams? I wish the specs were available on these to see if I need to stop looking for someone with new billets.

Quote Originally Posted by glhs727 View Post
    We will be posting the F-5 cam specs when the cams are in stock and ready for sale. Until then, you'll just have to wait
    later,
    Cindy

all our stage 5 cams will be made with NEW BILLETS only. We are curently testing 3 different base circles. We should have them on the shelf in 4-6 weeks.
    later,
    Cindy
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Hybrid booster

I forgot to ask if these will be roller cams?

All our performance cams are roller cams.

F-5? been a while

we are finishing the last bit of R&D, and should have these available before the end of the year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12