Thread: Got My New 16V Rampage RT Wiring Harness Yesterday

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Got My New 16V Rampage RT Wiring Harness Yesterday

Freakin' courthouse WiFi just gobbled up my post! Of course it couldn't be a one liner, it HAD to be a detailed four paragraph post Still on Jury Duty BTW...

Even though my Rampage RT has been converted to TIII/568 since '95, it's never been optimized in all those years, hence it's never been run on a track. This year I plan to change all that 1/4 mile AND roadcourse So I am changing out the factory HG for a Cometic/ARP studs, and adding a set of FWD adjustable cam gears (that I bought sooo long ago) Not gonna get carried away with porting and headwork but it will also get those Ti retainers that I bought even longer ago! The cam timing is way wack and I played with some adjustable keys a while back that helped but there is way more room for improvement. It does have a mandrel bent 2.5" high flow exhaust (yeah, I know 3" would be better, back then 2.5" was the way to go), some +20% injectors, K&N drop in and a grainger to 13-14PSI. after the gasket and gears, I'll run it locally and see what happens. I am expect a bunch of MPH with not too impressive ET's

While I am having the last hurrah with the TIII set up, I am building a new Masi 16V motor with the top end (head, intake,exhaust) I just found. It will have Ross pistons, a set of those sweet new TU rods, forged common block and turbo to be determined and the build progresses... Since the Masi needs a HEP and distributor, the current engine harness will have to go

Anyway, since it is set up with all the electrics from a donor Spirit RT including gauges, HVAC, electrical, switches, sensors, etc; I want to stay with all my working interior electrics, the best bet would be 91-92 SOHC SBEC turbo Spirit/Acclaim/Daytona/LeBaron. All, nearly imposssible to find unless you are not looking for one A sharp local guy informed me that I was missing the simplest solution a FFV! (thanks Jerry for the useable info ) So on my first day of actively looking, in the second yard, bingo, 92 Spirit FFV! Even better, this thing was way clean underhood and save for a jury rigged (ha, a little courthouse pun) fan switch, the harness was unmolested. Not only that, the Methanol compatable fuel system is so *bling* *bling* shiny, stainless lines, rail and injectors Just as a lark I grabbed that stuff too. Couldn't believe my luck when I got home and found out it fits perfectly in that funky under-the-manifold fuel rail location on the Masi 16V! A generic TI/TII with a rail mounted dampner wouldn't have gone under there so I am stoked about that!

As harnesses go it went pretty smoothly for the first 95%, unfortunately, that last 5% was the starter lead. The two top transmission side 15mm's were easy but that one on the bottom, I couldn't get an angle on Now keep in mind, I'm wearing my scrubs and I've gotten plenty of strange looks already, one guy even named me Dr Boneyard as I walked past him A real riot, that guy... Last thing I need is to be shimmying under a yard car to get that bottom bolt out. So i did a little carpet surgery on an unsuspecting K car (brown carpet, I did that thing a favor ) and I had a somewhat clean shimmy pad to lay on.

Little while later I paid for my $73. harness (parts are not cheap in SoCal yards) and only had one spot of grease on my sleeve from reaching up around the axle. I did change my scrubs and wash off the grime real quick like when I got back to the hospital... The build up continues...

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Hoosier Daddy?? Turbo Mopar Staff Clay's Avatar

Re: Got My New 16V Rampage RT Wiring Harness Yesterday

I enjoy you posting from jury duty! You should do it more often!
    Clay
    1986 GLH-T - Flat black......... learn it, love it, LIVE IT!
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    I enjoy you posting from jury duty! You should do it more often!
    Kind of nice getting paid to browse forums all day kind of sucks that the pay is $15. and I already spent that much on Breakfast, lunch and RedBulls Now why the F don't they sell Kettel One in the cafeteria

Hey, a couple more days sitting in this room and I bet I can get over 1K posts... Watch out Simon, coming after your crown...

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

^Agreed. Keep the progress up
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Wow, now I'll have to grab all the FFV fuel rails I can get my hands on.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Kind of nice getting paid to browse forums all day kind of sucks that the pay is $15. and I already spent that much on Breakfast, lunch and RedBulls Now why the F don't they sell Kettel One in the cafeteria

Hey, a couple more days sitting in this room and I bet I can get over 1K posts... Watch out Simon, coming after your crown...
    Bring it sister,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Tip for getting out of jury duty.... when they gather up all the hombres into the courtroom, make sure you're wearing your "this Bud's for you" T-shirt.... and i don't mean beer, either. Don't shave for a couple days and get a mullett wig and billy ray bob fake teeth. 15 years ago... i just had the mullet thing and i never got picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

First - congrats on the harness FFV deal. YOU are busy and productive.

Second - my rant. The courts have trouble getting smart hard working people to serve while the courts have no problem curing boredom for moochers and slouchers. Result? - dumb juries, stupid "jackpot verdicts," "hit the lottery judgments," and "OJ verdicts."

The courts should pay for jury duty according to what the juror, makes in their job or occupation. How? Easy - everybody submits their tax return or pay stub or whatever and then they get paid what the lost opportunity cost actually costs them. Beefs about how much so and so actually makes? - let a judge decide. Yeah, some will get less and some will get more - tough. Yeah the taxpayers have to pay more for juries - tough too - the taxpayers already pay for a lot of other much more worthless stuff.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Not wanting to get off topic.... but it sucks when you think about it that the government has to pay us to do jury duty even though we are forced to do so. Most companies make up a difference. I had the factory do it for me...wasn't much, but it helped.

Sucks that we have to pay our military staff, but then again, they need it if they are devoting their life to it like a job and then some.
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

I hijacked it, not you. Let Alan get mad at me

I used to say the same thing. Then I realized that the "duty" part of "jury duty" is a con job. I pay taxes. Why should I pay more, just because I got the bad luck to get a jury summons. It wouldn't be bad luck if I was fairly compensated. Then, my service really would be the fulfillment of a civic duty. It would be inconvenient, my business would suffer, but It would stil be fair. What we got now is loaded against service by the productive people. They ought to call it the "jury draft" or the "jury labor."

Its just another government thing like standing in line at the post office (no lines at UPS), or being forced to go the worse government school in your neighborhood instead of the not so worse government school that you could walk to but its just that you live on the wrong side of some line drawn by someone at the school board and they KNOW your school is bad and they don't want everyone in your neighborhood crashing in on the better school. that would be inconvenient for them, don't cha know.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."

I'm all for serving when I am able, right now with a young family, a sizeable mortgage, health care ins, etc etc etc, it's not the time in life for me to 'do my civic duty' Later on, kids in college, investments paying off a bit, sign me up for that THREE MONTH TRIAL they were trying to fill today. Not that I would ever discuss a case as they clearly told me not to , but just say for instance a very prominant Orange County defense attorney (who twice defended a local politician's son (so guilty, he even video taped it) for rape a couple years ago) got caught in a kickback bailbonds client 'steering' scam that netted him millions, had to go on trial for said scam. That would be an entertaining three month trial, heck, I'd forgo the hefty $15./day county stipend just to sit in the jurror box To summon me against my will and force me to lose income as a self employed businessman, is plain absurd

In Indiana it used to be (may still be) that Veterinarians were exempt from jury duty.

Dont know why its that way, but my parents (both Vets) like that law!
    Clay
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    In Indiana it used to be (may still be) that Veterinarians were exempt from jury duty.

Dont know why its that way, but my parents (both Vets) like that law!
    What, so if you don't eat meat, you don't have jury duty?

(Seen the Jack-in-the-Box comercial where Jack's son wants to be a vegitarian when he grows up so he can help animals?)

glad you explained that one! No Jack-in-the-box around here!
    Clay
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Vets exempt - must be another one of those "farm state lobby" deals.
    John Laing

-- Alexis de Tocqueville

--Ayn Rand

Hybrid booster

Not that I would ever discuss a case as they clearly told me not to ,
    Aww and here I was thinking that you were going to be on the jury for that guy that Carroll called a "Nut Case" or maybe it was nut job.

So I got a call from a local TD member who saw this post, He let me know that FFV's don't have a knock sensor or a charge air temp sensor Didn't think about those little details