Thread: A/F question with turbo upgrade

Garrett booster

A/F question with turbo upgrade

I've got stock Garrett and I'm considering upgraded turbo and TU exhaust manifold. Would this require a change in ecu calibration {currently run TU cal}or could I simply raise my fuel pressure and be good to go?
    88 LeBaron convertible 2.5 T2 {garrett} w/555 T-U 3bar plus 40 cal mildly ported swirl w/back-cut valves 86 supra front mounted I/C 223whp@19psi 14.352 @ 99.25mph RETIRED '87 SC (GLHS CLONE) TII with stage II MP currently a/t '89 Voyager factory 2.5 turbo 5spd garrett, 3" from dp back '86 Chysler T&C TII conversion

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: A/F question with turbo upgrade

What turbo?

You could get away with. You can always do the safe thing and just take it easy, watching your guages, if lean, add some more fuel pressure. As you know, you should get a new cal but then, we are cheap sometimes,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Garrett booster

Who's doing cals these days?
    I'm undecided on which turbo...super 60 or 50 trim. It'd be going in my 2.5 Lebaron for now. I'm getting too much oil on the intake side so times coming to make a change.
    88 LeBaron convertible 2.5 T2 {garrett} w/555 T-U 3bar plus 40 cal mildly ported swirl w/back-cut valves 86 supra front mounted I/C 223whp@19psi 14.352 @ 99.25mph RETIRED '87 SC (GLHS CLONE) TII with stage II MP currently a/t '89 Voyager factory 2.5 turbo 5spd garrett, 3" from dp back '86 Chysler T&C TII conversion

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

things that affect headflow and overall flow of the engine require a cal to be changed.... the larger and more free flowing exhaust side of the turbo will affect the fuel curve more than the compressor side. so yeah, the cal should be changed... at least the pumping effeciency should be tweaked.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.