Thread: Don't you like progress threads?

Garrett booster

Don't you like progress threads?

Well here is mine!

This is my '88 Lancer Shelby, which, I was planning on replacing the motor (cracked piston) and the front seats (torn). It has completely and utterly snowballed into a project that will have me driving my winter beater into the summer. Doh! The car is going to get a new coat of paint and some metal work to the body (too much bondo used last time, previous owner). New motor will be a forged pistoned 2.5 CB, head is already cleaned up with +1mm valves, I will do even more porting to the manifolds while its apart. Lots of other odds and ends being done to the car as well.

My toy car, been sitting on stands for a couple months:

Big NPR installed, upgraded from small NPR:

Another amazing photo, for those who didn't see my earlier post - those are 15x8 wheels that weigh about 11lbs!:

Freshly cleaned carpet and glass/window trim. Windows will get tinted out of the car:

My pile of stuff, mostly interior:

Interior shot, or lack thereof:

More intercooler, so easy to mount with the tabs on these coolers, slight grinding required. Actually, a fair amount - I had to cut part of the headlight bezels out so the tanks could fit, so now I need to make new headlight adjusters as they were in the way!:

Empty engine bay, not far off from being ready for paint:

My Supah 70 turbo, .60/.63 - and yes, thats a TU 3" SV =):

Enjoy!

Hybrid booster

Re: Don't you like progress threads?

Progress is evil!

Nice project though...

Garrett booster

Thats a pretty solid looking Lancer. Car looks like its gonna be mean as hell when you get it all put back together! Keep us updated.

Jon

Hybrid booster

Yup, looks a bit more naked than when I saw it a week ago. Those wheels are just hawwwt. And they look so good tucked into the back fender. Git her painted/reassembled and back on the street! Naaw, take your time and do it right.

Martin
    89 Horizon...the exon valdez

Cool beans!

I have the exact same car as you, even the same color, so its really neat to see a thread, especially one like this, on an H body.

Everything looks very very good so far, and its very inspiring to see all the work your putting into your car. I also like the picture of your burn out in the other thread of you about your Lancer Shelby.

And yes, those wheels are very sweet. How do you like those Hoosier tires? how does the car drive with such a low profile tire? how does it handle with the 8 inch rims with that tire size?

Please keep us posted on further developments

bernard

Garrett booster

The Hoosiers, eh? Well, all I can say is the look real pretty! The farthest it moved was about 3 feet when I was pushing the car back into position to put it up on jackstands... so I won't be able to fill you all in on how they work for awhile yet. The tires themselves are only 50 series too (225/50R15 - they just look real fat because of the 8" rim!), not low profile, so I don't anticipate any problems. I hope it handles better, I will be putting in a 1 1/4" swaybar soon, and at some point this summer I'm hoping to do some front and rear strut bars.

Newest progress? I made new headlight adjusters yesterday because the intercooler was in the way. Right now I'm going to put some mounting bolts in the bottom of the intercooler to finish that up. Later this week I will get my Hoosiers dismounted (they are getting their own dedicated 8" rim for racing (and err, Saturday nights) and some Toyos installed. Once the tires are on I can drop the car back on the ground, then I will see when my buddy can take it into his shop for paint. I have next week off so I will pick up a shortblock from my buddy to tear apart (shiny parts are already ordered), as well as do some porting work on the intake and exhaust manifolds. I just wish the weather was real nice, its getting better, but still not great.

Garrett booster

Awesome Mike!

turbo addict

Those wheels won't look good on your car. Wanna sell them?
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

Garrett booster

More progress over the last couple weeks, my missing GFX finally showed up. Also my forged pistoned 2.5 is at the machine shop and will be done shortly. I've never had the front ground effect on my car, it looks soooo awesome! Car is pretty much ready to go to my friends shop for paint, he just needs to finish his current job. I can't wait! The lower bumper is off a basemodel Lancer/Lebaron so it has the grills in the foglight openings, I'm going to leave them in though, it looks awesome! I also polished my chrome exhaust, but sorry, no pics!

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Mario's Avatar

What kind of wheels are those?
    Mario Di Cesare [url]www.boostedmopar.com[/url] 1985 Dodge Omni GLH - The Original "BOOSTBOX" 1991 Spirit R/T - "Grandma Boost" [url]http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=270429&postcount=1[/url]

Those wheels were custom made.
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Mario's Avatar

What are they, modified lancer wheels?
    Mario Di Cesare [url]www.boostedmopar.com[/url] 1985 Dodge Omni GLH - The Original "BOOSTBOX" 1991 Spirit R/T - "Grandma Boost" [url]http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=270429&postcount=1[/url]

Hybrid booster

That is looking great Mike. I agree the fog grills have to stay. Looking forward to seeing it rolling under its own power.

Martin
    89 Horizon

Garrett booster

Thanks Martin!

Mario,

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11069

There are several posts in this thread about the wheels, the original fella who had the wheels made also posts. They are not modified Lancer wheels, although they same style. I am in love with them!!

turbo addict

Mike, whos is it in town that drives the white shadow with carbon hood and mopar power decal on the back? My brother saw him at the gas station and he knew of me as 'shadow kid' lol.

Garrett booster

Do you mean the flat black hood with the Mopar "M" decal on the hood? I don't know who else you'd be talking about... but this is what I do know...

Back in Sept of last year both me and Matt (owner of said car, also drives the turbo d-series EK civic) were going up to SIR with our Sundances to have some fun, both of us painted our hoods flat black and got the big Mopar "M" decals from Noel (spares from circle track sponsor) and went up as the "Sundance Racing Team" (SRT). Since then his blue Sundance has been crushed but we swapped the black hood onto his white Shadow... so thats who it is!

turbo addict

Okay well it was my brother who thought it was carbon, couldn't remember the what he said the decal was. Thanks man. When are you guys starting the saturday night partsources hangouts?

Garrett booster

We did one the nice weekend we had awhile ago, but it might be awhile until we start for good again... damn cold, its bloody April!!!

turbo addict

Ya I know, damn well sucks. Not too pissed off though, no new engine to test out yet. Waiting for my tires to go on sale now. Probly blast the rims tommorow and hopefully have new dubs be end of month.