Thread: TEC S60 VNT / 89 CSX - anyone have a cal?

Garrett booster

TEC S60 VNT / 89 CSX - anyone have a cal?

I guess it'd be nice of me to get CSX 135 running right....since it's served me so well since I've owned it and still looks really good, it'd be worth the effort. At the very least, it'll sound better pulling on and off the trailer at shows. Or (knowing me) at the dragstrip.

Does anyone do custom VNT cals now? The car is a 2.2 (non-original; that one's under the bench being saved for later) with ported G head, 58mm TB, Ed Peters ported/coated manifold, TEC S60 VNT, 2.5" exhaust with cat and bullet muffler. Right now I'm chasing a cam problem (round tooth cam with square sprocket to match the crank - I have to advance/retard the cam but haven't had time to monkey with it to figure out which way to go), but with the stock 89 CSX SBEC the boost hits HARD...but late.

Just up late, thought I'd ask the list....

Re: TEC S60 VNT / 89 CSX - anyone have a cal?

what injectors , i play alot with the vnt,s let me know what you are trying to get out of it. my 89 csx runs 13.90s on street tires not bad for a stock untouched motor.

Hybrid booster

Re: TEC S60 VNT / 89 CSX - anyone have a cal?

Quote Originally Posted by racer-xerols View Post
    I guess it'd be nice of me to get CSX 135 running right....since it's served me so well since I've owned it and still looks really good, it'd be worth the effort. At the very least, it'll sound better pulling on and off the trailer at shows. Or (knowing me) at the dragstrip.

Does anyone do custom VNT cals now? The car is a 2.2 (non-original; that one's under the bench being saved for later) with ported G head, 58mm TB, Ed Peters ported/coated manifold, TEC S60 VNT, 2.5" exhaust with cat and bullet muffler. Right now I'm chasing a cam problem (round tooth cam with square sprocket to match the crank - I have to advance/retard the cam but haven't had time to monkey with it to figure out which way to go), but with the stock 89 CSX SBEC the boost hits HARD...but late.

Just up late, thought I'd ask the list....
    No one makes them for the VNTS60...

Mike