Thread: vibration problem?

TurboII

vibration problem?

I have an 88 Chrysler lebaron turbo coupe and every since day one (which was 5 years ago) i installed the new motor and rebuilt the whole entire car from ground up i noticed vibration problems inside the car and cant figure out way noise here and their and cant figure out way specially at ideal, But the funny thing is when you listen to the engine it purrs like a kitten and sounds beautiful my brother once told me our cars were prone to vibration problems and I my other guess was it was in an accident.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: vibration problem?

Are the mounts installed correctly? are they worn out and bottoming out? have you tried different brands?

Also, the engine could be out of balance. My 2.5L with hard mounts used to shake the steering wheel, then it was balanced and now its smooth as silk, or was.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

TurboII

Well Im Sure The Engine Is Balanced You Might Have A Good Point About Different Mounts Cause Im Using Napa So Who Knows

turbo addict

How do you know the engine is balanced?

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Another thought is it could have been rebuilt and someone put a mix of different rods in there, that would make it vibrate like crazy.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by TurboII View Post
    Well Im Sure The Engine Is Balanced You Might Have A Good Point About Different Mounts Cause Im Using Napa So Who Knows
    I don't think Simon was refering to the brand of mounts but rather the fact that it's really easy to accidently install them wrong. Gary has a couple examples with pictures on his site.
    http://www.thedodgegarage.com/common_failures.html
    Look at item 2.
    If this is what happened, it should just be a matter of pulling the inserts out and turning them the right way around. That should solve your vibration problem.
    HTH,

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

www.thedodgegarage.com

Go to common mistakes and failure items.

Do you have your motor mounts correctly installed? Is the engine centered? Do you have the metal shims under the passenger side motor mount?
    [B]Scott[/B] 86 GLHS #408 88 Shadow ES 92 Spirit R/T 04 SRT-4