Thread: heater hose and vaccum hoses ?'s

Hybrid booster

heater hose and vaccum hoses ?'s

almost done with the 2.2 turbo/manual swap in my 89 lebaron. but have run into a few snags along the way. 1st I have forgoten how the heater hoses are run I have the 2 hoses coming off the fire wall to the control valve, but the rest is missing.

2nd, I have 2 vaccum hoses coming out of the fire wall, just below the heater hoses, one is a neutral color, the other is black. I think the black one connects to the elbow on the brake booster, which feeds the ac/heater controls, but not sure. no clue where the neutral color one goes.
    Also, there is a long vaccum hose that comes off to the right of the T on the booster, then splits off to a Y. I think the long hose goes down to the cruise servo, but not sure where the hose on the Y goes.

Pictures of the correct routing would be helpfull.

Hybrid booster

Re: heater hose and vaccum hoses ?'s

one other thing.... there is a nipple on the compressor outlet, where does that hose go to?

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by kwiksilver View Post
    one other thing.... there is a nipple on the compressor outlet, where does that hose go to?
    Cruise control...

Hybrid booster

I saw that on the vaccum diagram, but it doesnt make sense to me. I already have one vaccum hose that comes off the brake booster that goes down to the servo.

turbo addict

The one on the turbo housing is trans specific(aka- auto vs. stick). For the life of me I can't remember though which one was which(yours is auto I think though). Sorry...

Hybrid booster

both turbos have the same nipple in the same location, I checked. turbo from the manual car has it and turbo from the auto car has it. its a threaded fitting, so I may just remove it and install a plug.

any ideas on the other 2 vaccum hoses I referenced? the one directly under the heater hoses going through the fire wall.

Hybrid booster

still need help on this guys, mainly where the 2 vaccum lines located under the heater hoses go.

Hybrid booster

DOH !!! guess it goes to the heater control valve. it right in front of me and I never put it together.