Thread: 2.5 Turbo 5 speed smec

Garrett booster

2.5 Turbo 5 speed smec

I need one for my 5 speed conversion on my minivan. OR......
    Maybe someone can answer this for mel. Can I have my automatic smec converted to a 5 speed smec by a vendor?

Thanks

Re: 2.5 Turbo 5 speed smec

Quote Originally Posted by 87 charger View Post
    I need one for my 5 speed conversion on my minivan. OR......
    Maybe someone can answer this for mel. Can I have my automatic smec converted to a 5 speed smec by a vendor?

Thanks
    I've been running an auto 2.5 smec in the sundance with a manual trans. Haven't had a bit of trouble with it like that. I'm sure you could have yours converted, but why not do it yourself? Just pick up a burner, a socket, and a blank chip, d/l the stock 2.5 manual trans cal, burn it to the chip, and pop it in. The nice thing about doing it that way is that you'd have the burner and a socketed smec if you ever wanted to do your own 3 bar cal later.

Garrett booster

Ok that sounds cool ,but I have no idea how. Could you let me in on how?
    Thanks

Here's a good step by step instruction guide with pics that Una wrote up for removing the stock chip and replacing it with a socket.
    http://www.turbododge.info/socket_p1.htm
    I'm still learning myself, so there are others on here that are much better qualified to answer questions about burning the cal to a blank chip. Try posting in the EFI Tuning forum. I'm sure somebody with more experience than me will have the answers you need.
    If you feel comfortable with installing the socket, but don't want to buy the burner, you might try posting to see if anybody will burn the stock T1 MT cal to a chip and mail it to you. I imagine somebody would for a few bucks plus shipping.
    HTH,

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Hanna View Post
    Here's a good step by step instruction guide with pics that Una wrote up for removing the stock chip and replacing it with a socket.
    http://www.turbododge.info/socket_p1.htm
    Is there ANY way I can post this to my site?! I read on another post Una posted that he couldn't afford the hosting or something. I really just want to make sure this resource is ALWAYS available and I won't post this on my site unless I get authorization. But I would like to mirror this info, pictures and all.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

I have an 89 2.5L 5spd comp from a spirit....

$60 shipped to the states