Thread: Lebaron Turbo

Lebaron Turbo

So I saw this car a couple times over in a local auto body shop parking lot. Its been there a couple months now, so i stopped by to ask the guy about it today.

Its a white Lebaron, burgandy interior. I dont know what year, possibly 88? I dont know much about them. Its and auto with the Turbo I motor. He says it runs fine. He has no paper work for it at all, and he is being hesitant about selling it. I think i can get it if i tell him i will part the thing out. I just need a couple things off the motor for spare parts, but the interior looks good. All the body panels and glass are pretty nice too. I would love to buy it and get my parts and sell off the other stuff dirt cheap. If anyone wants the whole body or interior they can take it after i take a couple things i need. Let me know if your interested in anything so i can check into it more.

also...how do i know what year it is. I could get the vin i guess, but are there any little things to tell what year? Its a TI auto, has the flip up headlight doors, looks to be 88-ish

Lebaron GTC fan!! Turbo Mopar Contributor midohiomoparsource's Avatar

Re: Lebaron Turbo

Is it a GTC?
    GTC should have decals on trunk that say that, and also should have a luggage rack, turbo gtc on doors etc etc as well as painted grill.
    If it is a GTC, then it is an 88 or 89. If it has the square dash, not the rounded one like 90+ cars.

Only way I know how to tell 87-89 apart is VIN. I believe they are all the same thru those years.
    You can try looking at the taillights, they should have the year on them, but that won't positively give you the year of the car, it is the year the lights were made. But, if the lights have 1989 on them, then you can pretty much assume it is an 89 as the 87-88 year cars were already made. If they say 88, then it could be 88 or 89 etc etc.

Good luck.

Matt
    Parting anything and everything lately, not just Turbo cars.

Garrett booster

Look at the motor . 87 is suck through . If it's a blow through , look at the timing belt . Square tooth & blow through is 88 2.2 T1 . Round tooth is an 89 2.5 T1 .

Look at the emissions sticker on the hood, it will say what year the car is.
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

The tail lights are smashed to bits, so thats out, but the emissions sticker would work. I will check that out this week.

It's not a GTC...I would have taken it for my self in this condition if it was a GTC.