Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The first TM that got you hooked!

boostaholic

The first TM that got you hooked!

We are all here form some car that started it all. What was you first TM or the TM that got you hooked on them?
    This was mine, it was my first car and the car that got me hooked on TM's. It's a 1984 chrysler laser, it was kind of a pile when I first got it, but my dad helped me in making it a nice car. I wish I would have never sold it and would like to find another.

Show us or tell us about the car that did it for you!

Hybrid booster

Re: The first TM that got you hooked!

Wow, small world! lol Mine was also a 1984 Chrysler Laser. My buddy had a brand new one and it hauled major booty! That car was so quick and at the time I was in the 10th grade and used to drive it every once in a while.

Mine was the 1984 Daytona turbo that I have. My dad's friend had me put the MP computer in it and then told me to take it for a spin. It was 1985 and I was only 15 at the time and did not have a license. I took it for a spin anyway.

22 years later that car is sitting in my garage now.
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."

turbo addict

My first was an 85 S/C. I was 16 or 17 years old and bought it as a winter rat. The guy selling it thought it had a bad motor, but upon closer inspection the front crank pulley was loose and it sounded like a knock. I tightened up the bolts and drove it all over the place. I think I paid 350 bucks for it. I was hooked from there though.

Garrett booster

Mine was my 88 chrysler lebaron vert. Now i have two of them and im looking at getting a GTC.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by slasky View Post
    Mine was the 1984 Daytona turbo that I have. My dad's friend had me put the MP computer in it and then told me to take it for a spin. It was 1985 and I was only 15 at the time and did not have a license. I took it for a spin anyway.

22 years later that car is sitting in my garage now.
    It looks really nice!

85 turbo laser, only options were sunroof and p.s. I wish I still had it.
    james

boostaholic

It was an '85 Shelby Charger that did it for me. My best friend owned it. It was dealer maintained (his Dad works at a Dodge dealer), dealer repainted (Blue/Silver). Very clean car. I had the opportunity to buy it in '98, but my first child was on the way so I bought a '93 Saturn SL2 instead. He kept it for another year, then sold it to some fool at the dealer. Two weeks later it was totaled

Hybrid booster

My first Dodge was a 89 Spirit 2.5 n/a. Then I found Gus on line. When the spirit had to go for more family room, it was naturaly a turbo mini that replaced it. Been hooked since, and have been suffering from boost withdrawal for the last year. Hopefully this spring...

Martin
    89 Horizon

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Turbulence View Post
    My first Dodge was a 89 Spirit 2.5 n/a. Then I found Gus on line. When the spirit had to go for more family room, it was naturaly a turbo mini that replaced it. Been hooked since, and have been suffering from boost withdrawal for the last year. Hopefully this spring...

Martin
    89 Horizon
    Thats crazy! After I sold my laser and bought my spirit, that is when I found Gus's site. His site is the reason and way I got started on upgrading my spirit. He was my idol. Back in 1998 I thought I was bad --- for putting on a front mount intercooler on my car, and it was all thanks to him.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

well my first fwd dodge that got me was an 82 rampage with an 84 2.2 drivetrain. red interior and i had the bed cover for it too. I loved that little truck! to bad someone in a town squiar wagon rad a stop sing and destroyed it. but my first turbo was my 85 chrysler laser xe fully loaded! digital, you name it. i thought i was king poo poo with that car. damm drunk driver totalled that one on me.
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Hybrid booster

My first was my Uncle's 86 Turbo Z (86 TI auto), black with red pinstripe, grey cloth interior, only options were rear wiper/rear defrost. At the time I wanted a 3rd gen z28, but they were too expensive (I was 15) So my dad gave me the idea to look at buying my uncles daytona, hey it kinda looked like a camaro...........

boostaholic

Mine was the xe also, even had the annoying voice "your door is ajar". Boy was I glad to find the switch in the glove box to shut the voice off.

turbo addict

My 1985 Shelby Charger is the one for me. I've loved them ever since I saw them in the dealership brochures. I just had to wait until 1995 to get one.
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

i found pic anyone wanna post'em up for me?
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Garrett booster

The one that got me hooked was my brothers friend Stephan's 1987 Daytona Shelby Z. This is back when I thought my bro's lightly modified '96 Mustang GT was fast. That was, until I was riding with Stephan and we thoroughly whipped the mustang while running up to a cool 155mph!

I then bought a '91 Shelby Daytona, owned it for like a week and then grenaded the engine when the oil drain plug popped out (from previous owners screw up) and drained all the oil when I was doing about 130mph. I then sold the car to my brother who fixed it up real nice and sold it to Brummy (he's on TD, not sure about here).

I've had a few more since then

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    i found pic anyone wanna post'em up for me?
    Post it in the gallery under your area then link it here.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo_Rampage's Avatar

This is what got me into TM's... my 82 Dodge Rampage. It started off as a 2.2L Carburated automatic, and now it's a TII 5 speed.

This picture is from 4 years ago. It looked alot worse then that when i first got it. It had a homemade canope on it, as well as the stock rusty rims.

Here it is now-

Hybrid booster

The one that did it to me was the same 86 Daytona turbo Z C/S that I still have now. Bought it with the original drivetrain but cracked head & my father & I worked on it. That was back in 1990 or so, and I gave $750 for it (payoff at the credit union) and I've had it ever since. It didn't get treated too nice when I was younger. I busted many axles, a couple turbos, and finally replaced the engine a few years later. Not long afterwards the tranny went & the car was parked in the shed till June 2005. Now it's running a complete low mile 84 drivetrain while I slowly gather parts for a new engine & T2 conversion.

turbo addict

Well seeing as how I'm almost 19 my first TM is still my first and only car. Started out as a totaled 4 door N/A shadow with a decent body and good interior. Head cracked a few months in and learned to wrench by replacing it. Ended up doing another head on my ex-gf's shadow convert. Wanted more speed and read online about turbo ones that gave an extra 50% hp over my stock N/A. Found some guys around town that pissed around with TM's for many years, read stuff online, got on forums and WHAM, 2.2L T1 turbo went in. Then BANG, auto trans fried, so on a weekend put in the A520. Soon to be puttin in new 2.5L T03 turboed motor with upgrade comp, fuel delivery, moly plate for trans, probly 22psi boost. Wish me luck.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast