Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strut Tower Brace

turbo addict

Exclamation Strut Tower Brace

I'm currently in the process of fabbing up an adjustable strut tower brace for daytonas. Im going to work with a friend of mine to do one for shadows and K cars as well as any other dodge FWD. The bars and mouting brackets are going to be made up of 6061 aluminum with a 1/2 inch stainless bar in the middle for added strength and heavy duty threaded tie rod ends on either side for adjustability. Hardware will all be stainless. If anyone would be interested in one of these let me know as I will definitely speed up production if I know I can find some people to buy these things. Im looking at around 75 per set when im done right now, but that may even go down. Look for a pic of the prototype on here shortly.

Thanks all, Joseph

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

Re: Strut Tower Brace

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but for the amount of fabrication, etc, you could just buy this....
    http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/prod...roducts_id=214
    Then no R&D is needed.... done for you.

Frank
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

Hybrid booster

To me, that is a lil price considering the ones you can get on ebay for 30 dollars or less shipped to your door

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

I dont remember the ones on e-bay being of this quality and primed ready for paint. In addition, they have warrenty and are supported. All of this adds up.

Frank
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

Hybrid booster

Can you tell me exactly why someone needs a warrenty on a threaded bar?

As for primered and being ready for paint, the ebay ones come polished which may be a prefered choice for someone who wants a polished one.

Don't get me wrong I support TD vendors HOWEVER I don't feel that a bar with plate ends is worth 80+ dollars

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NISSAN-240SX-89-9...QQcmdZViewItem

Redrill one hole and all this can be yours for 21.98 shipped to your door, To me drilling one hole is worth 60 dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Garret

As for primered and being ready for paint, the ebay ones come polished which may be a prefered choice for someone who wants a polished one.

Don't get me wrong I support TD vendors HOWEVER I don't feel that a bar with plate ends is worth 80+ dollars

Redrill one hole and all this can be yours for 21.98 shipped to your door, To me drilling one hole is worth 60 dollars
    TU purchases these from a TD micro-vendor and we appreciate that he is making these for us to offer to the small TD community. The micro-vendor sets the overall price for these bars based on his cost to manufacture small quantities of them. I'm sure that if he were making several hundred of these strut bar kits at one time they would cost much less for him to produce and the final sale price would reflect that savings. We prefer working with this TD vendor because it keeps the money in the TD community and increases the chances that he may offer other TD products in the future. By directing the sales to a company outside the TD community we can pretty much guarantee that it will never return here in the form of new products and ideas. Besides that, it is very doubtful that a company that is used to selling thousands of these strut tower braces for more popular vehicles will invest the R&D funds in order to sell a few hundred for a vehicle that hasn't been made in over 10 years.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Hybrid booster

Yeah I know, I prefer to support the TD vendors, but at a 60 dollar difference in price for virtually no difference in performance It's hard to swallow.

Yeah I know, I prefer to support the TD vendors, but at a 60 dollar difference in price for virtually no difference in performance It's hard to swallow.
    I completely understand your point Garret. However, TU chooses to support the micro-vendors that are willing to support this community and we go by their price. If you feel you can make the other strut tower bar work then that's your decision. Even if they could be modified to work on a TD vehicle I would not carry them and compete with our TD micro-vendor.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Hybrid booster

garret please make moly plates for $29.95.we will all line up.

we only have one option for these and its $$129.

deuce

Hybrid booster

Why make up plates when you can redrill the ones that come with it, for about a minute of labour?

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Mario's Avatar

Chris, have you thought about selling a bar such as this for our cars:

I'm looking to buy new front and rear strut tower braces and would like something with structure and quality such as those pictured. I think there would be a lot of interest in these within the community.

turbo addict

Well I wasnt trying to necessarily take away from anyones market nor wage a debate about what will or wont affect the TD community just simply take advantage of the fact that I work at a tool and machine shop and everyday ideal material is thrown out in the form of what they call scrap. I see a large T6 aluminum plate that was cut off and thrown away and I ponder what I could make with it given the CNC mill and lathe array I have to work with. Sure most likely I wont ever make more than several of these things for myself and a few friends but I appreciate the input. In fact maybe one day I can be the guy one of the vendors is buying from. Its food for thought and well worth looking into.

Thanks again, Joseph
    Last edited by WickedShelby88; 01-22-2006 at 02:20 AM. Reason: typo

Well if anyone can fabricate front and rear bars such as those I posted, that will fit an L-Body, let me know, as I'd like to purchase them. Or perhaps I should invest in some TIG welding supplies in the future....

Garrett booster

as usual with all due respects .......the COST OF THE BAR IS $1.99 ....
    SHIPPING IS $20.00.....
    A DaLLa 99!!!!! LOL...LOL...
    I will buy from a micro vendor , or an entrapreneur any day as compared ....
    If ye love wealth better than Liberty, The tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of Freedom, go from Us in peace, We ask not your counsel or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget you were Our countrymen. -Samuel Adams.

Hybrid booster

The reason the cost of the bar is so low is to get people to open up his auction instead of some other ebay joker that sells their bar for 12 dollars and is 10 dollars shipping

The reason the cost of the bar is so low is to get people to open up his auction instead of some other ebay joker that sells their bar for 12 dollars and is 10 dollars shipping
    I have those bars you're talking about. I don't think they're worth a dime.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mech1nxh
    as usual with all due respects .......the COST OF THE BAR IS $1.99 ....
    SHIPPING IS $20.00.....
    A DaLLa 99!!!!! LOL...LOL...
    I will buy from a micro vendor , or an entrapreneur any day as compared ....
    Its like the catch can I just bought off ebay, $8.95 for the part, $15 shipping.

I was searching for MP3 players the other day, I found a bunch for $9.95, 512 mb, I thought cool, then looked at shipping, $60, and if you have any problems, you send it back on your own dime-mmm no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedShelby88
    Well I wasnt trying to necessarily take away from anyones market nor wage a debate about what will or wont affect the TD community just simply take advantage of the fact that I work at a tool and machine shop and everyday ideal material is thrown out in the form of what they call scrap. I see a large T6 aluminum plate that was cut off and thrown away and I ponder what I could make with it given the CNC mill and lathe array I have to work with. Sure most likely I wont ever make more than several of these things for myself and a few friends but I appreciate the input. In fact maybe one day I can be the guy one of the vendors is buying from. Its food for thought and well worth looking into.

Thanks again, Joseph

If you can make them, why not. I don't think theres much of a market to sell them and if you do, you'll have to become a vendor but if your time is free, material is free, what the hell,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

Man Mario you must have some pretty valuable dimes, all the ones I've seen (about 4 different sets now) seem to be of decent quality and you'd be hardpressed to do better cheaper than 20 bucks with adjustable ends

Man Mario you must have some pretty valuable dimes, all the ones I've seen (about 4 different sets now) seem to be of decent quality and you'd be hardpressed to do better cheaper than 20 bucks with adjustable ends
    Perhaps I do.

The ebay ones don't have much structure. They're a cheap bar with pivot points on both ends. I'd just like something that's a bit more sturdy I guess.

Hybrid booster

Still worth more than a Dime

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast