Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Adj. cam pulleys for Masi 16V DOHC. Any interest?

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Adj. cam pulleys for Masi 16V DOHC. Any interest?

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    yes, but then you can't see the timing marks.
    Other than that they would be milled off, couldn't you look at em from the driver's side?
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

thats what i was thinking if they were cheaper or just mirror image and put the marks on the opposite side yourself

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrempickup View Post
    im asking why not post the idea for them, not that 75 yr old and above parapalegics and those with dementia and alzheimers want more performance from their car, but some will buy anything if they think it would be neat for their car. even if they dont know what it is. honestly, as long as they paid for them you know you can count that into your number and you can get them made
    A post was also made to both TC forums when I first posted this possible group buy. About the only response was "why would I need this"? I think maybe one person committed from the two forums.

Thanks John, I'll put you on the list. I may call them up next week and try to get some more exact cost figures. The only way they will do this is to send them a set. My motor is just sitting patiently on the engine stand, so that isn't a issue. Just hope I get them back.

Todd

turbo addict

it'd be a real pain to see them from the drivers side. The cam gears are milled .100" thinner than the intermediate shaft.

turbo addict

Okay, I bring this thread back from the dead. Fidanza now has my stock Masi sprockets and is going to get me some firmer pricing in the next couple weeks. I will be emailing many of you that previously expressed interest in the next day or two to see if you are still a player or not. As I said before this will be a one time shot and more than likely will never be remade. So if your interested, step up and be counted. The one mod I will be having done is timing marks on the outer cog that actually line up with the cam centerline (like the SOHC cars). That way you won't have to pull the cover to pin the cams.
    If you are interested and do not receive a private email, contact me either on this forum or by email.
    Todd

turbo addict

Todd, since I have a 2nd Masi head on the way upgrade me from 1 to TWO SETS!!!!!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Todd, since I have a 2nd Masi head on the way upgrade me from 1 to TWO SETS!!!!!
    Good, because since ths thread was last going I scored one set so I only need two sets now. So that's a push Todd

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Good, because since ths thread was last going I scored one set so I only need two sets now. So that's a push Todd
    Alan,
    With you buying Joe's car or motor and you scoring one set, I'm now down two sets between you two. Hopefully Johnl and Daver are still interested. Anybody have a current email addy for Mark Gilbert? Mark lives in Bakerfield, CA. He was also penciled in for two sets. His old email addy got bounced back.
    Todd
    Last edited by 4 l-bodies; 10-22-2008 at 12:29 PM. Reason: correction "two sets"

Quote Originally Posted by 4 l-bodies View Post
    Alan,
    With you buying Joe's car or motor and you scoring one set, I'm now down two sets between you two. Hopefully Johnl and Daver are still interested. Anybody have a current email addy for Mark Gilbert? Mark lives in Bakerfield, CA. He was also penciled in for two sets. His old email addy got bounced back.
    Todd
    Rick has Mark's contact info, he sold him an upgraded turbo

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

I'm in. LMK Todd.

As for you other cheap b******s, you'll build more Masi cars, buy a set for the shelf.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

turbo addict

Well said John!!!

turbo addict

Last chance to be in on the group buy. Still need to hear from several people that were previously interested. Order and deposit has been placed! Now the waiting game. Not too late to order, I can increase the quantity right up until they are run. Probably looking at 4-6 weeks until they are in my hands.

Thanks to all that committed for making this happen!

Okay who wants to get the ball rolling on Masi valve cover gaskets? Anyone have a NOS one to use for a sample? It will be returned unharmed. My gasket is still in one piece, but it is pretty much petrified.
    Todd
    Last edited by 4 l-bodies; 11-15-2008 at 01:51 AM. Reason: added info

turbo addict

Guys thanks to all that got in on the group buy! I have sent out emails with further instructions on time frame, payment, etc. If you didn't get my email get a hold of me, or look in your spam box.
    These are very close to being all pre-sold so if you were sleeping and still want in on this, you best contact me pronto.
    Todd

turbo addict

The pulleys have been shipped to me by Fidanza. I will have them the week of March 22/09. They will be mailed to those that have paid ASAP. Once again THANKS for those that participated in the group buy!
    Todd

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Take pics and post up before you mail them out,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Take pics and post up before you mail them out,
    Here they are. See attachment. Obviously two per set.
    Todd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	todd N.masi 16V pulley.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	13675  

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrempickup View Post
    its not my project and i was asked to say nothing much of it. mold is already made and money already put out. just wait and see, its within the next year to be back i would say

It's been over 2 years. Where's the head?

It's been over 2 years. Where's the head?
    I've been married for 10 years and I'm asking the exact same question...

Those gear look like they were worth the wait Todd, good hardware, nice markings, clean look (no garish red or blue) and they look lightweight. How do they compare wieghtwise vs stock gears?

I'll be expecting mine any day now then Set them to 113' right?

turbo addict

LMAO Alan! Hey Alan can you PM me Todd's address, I thought I had it but I can't find it to send him my check. I've got an email out to him but would like to drop it in the mail today if possible.

turbo addict

113 is stock centerline. My intake cam was advanced a couple degrees and came out to be 111.25. Me too to the other statement. Funny how that works.
    I have to drop off another cylinder head next Monday at the shop, so I'll get you a weight measurement then. I'm confident everyone will be satisfied with the pulleys. i think they turned out nice! First batch of pulleys have been shipped! Look for them early next week.
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    I've been married for 10 years and I'm asking the exact same question...

Those gear look like they were worth the wait Todd, good hardware, nice markings, clean look (no garish red or blue) and they look lightweight. How do they compare wieghtwise vs stock gears?

I'll be expecting mine any day now then Set them to 113' right?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast