Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Adj. cam pulleys for Masi 16V DOHC. Any interest?

turbo addict

Re: Adj. cam pulleys for Masi 16V DOHC. Any interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrempickup View Post
    I wont say any more, it's been discussed before this head, but thats all i'll say. Shelby had the right idea i'll leave it at that
    If your referring to the recasting of the HH head. I'll be very surprised if that ever happens. That is not new news, I've heard that rumor for five years, yet I still see no heads. It would be several thousand dollars for each casting, would also need intake and exhaust manifolds. Well out of reach financially for most SD enthusiasts. Add in all the R&D work developing camshafts and valvetrain components, to sell how many? I'm not holding my breath. How many takers at $5000 a pop?
    After all is said and done, "IF" it ever got made, I'll bet the flow (as cast) would not be as good as some of the ported Masi heads out there.
    I hope I'm wrong. I wish I'm wrong! The HH re-cast rumor is not a secret. Your not letting the cat out of the bag, so please enlighten us. Your chance to school us with your inside knowledge of the subject!
    Todd

Garrett booster

Well said Todd.

To extrempickup,
    If you are a fellow SD enthusiest as the rest of us, why keep it a secret when it's been discussed?? You might be waiting a lifetime for something to never happen. However, if you let other people in, they might just be able to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by 4 l-bodies View Post
    If your referring to the recasting of the HH head. I'll be very surprised if that ever happens. That is not new news, I've heard that rumor for five years, yet I still see no heads. It would be several thousand dollars for each casting, would also need intake and exhaust manifolds. Well out of reach financially for most SD enthusiasts. Add in all the R&D work developing camshafts and valvetrain components, to sell how many? I'm not holding my breath. How many takers at $5000 a pop?
    After all is said and done, "IF" it ever got made, I'll bet the flow (as cast) would not be as good as some of the ported Masi heads out there.
    I hope I'm wrong. I wish I'm wrong! The HH re-cast rumor is not a secret. Your not letting the cat out of the bag, so please enlighten us. Your chance to school us with your inside knowledge of the subject!
    Todd

turbo addict

What's the title of this thread again?? If you wait around to buy things that might happen in the TD world I've got a bridge for sale.

Todd, I see what you mean about the gears. I only looked at the 1st pic originally. I didn't see there were more

its not my project and i was asked to say nothing much of it. mold is already made and money already put out. just wait and see, its within the next year to be back i would say

Garrett booster

its not my project and i was asked to say nothing much of it. mold is already made and money already put out. just wait and see, its within the next year to be back i would say

Hey that's cool. I just have a hard time understanding why is has to be "top secret" or as the U. S. Government would say, "beyond top secret". Makes absolutely no sense to me. But.....whatever.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

BTW Bill, nice to have another TC fan on this forum One at a time, eventually we'll own the world Muhwhaaahh aahh aahh

BTW, I've put up lots of TC related pics over the last couple years if you want to search a bit. Try TC in the title

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    BTW Bill, nice to have another TC fan on this forum One at a time, eventually we'll own the world Muhwhaaahh aahh aahh

BTW, I've put up lots of TC related pics over the last couple years if you want to search a bit. Try TC in the title
    Thanks Alan. I'll try that search. But if I don't find anything, I'm gonna hunt you down!

turbo addict

Okay TC 16V owners,
    Here is the latest update. We are within four sets of our goal! This is 13 owners wanting 21 sets. This is with one vendor helping with three sets. It's been pretty slow going trying to get the last few sets for commitment, so if you guys know any other 16v owners that are willing, have them contact me. Remember they will need about six weeks to get these done.
    Todd

If its possible for them to make adjustable cam pulleys, could they make transfer gears ?

Garrett booster

Any word on this? How many did we get up too on last count?

Garrett booster

Is this topic definitely dead..? Interest dried up?

Is anybody considering selling pre-modified SOHC Fidanza pulleys for the Masi motors?

I can't imagine it would add too much to the cost to have new timing marks etched and a small amount shaved off the back..

wow 4 sets to go thats impressive. i hate to even think about purchasing them considering i still have 2 motors and finally an idea for one of them. how come no discussion on the TC board where the TC ppl live considering a bunch dont own anything but

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

wow 4 sets to go thats impressive. i hate to even think about purchasing them considering i still have 2 motors and finally an idea for one of them. how come no discussion on the TC board where the TC ppl live considering a bunch dont own anything but

Tom,

Not sure I'm following your post up there? Are you drinking pretty heavily tonight? Thats what my posts look like when I drink

Are you asking why the folks on the TC list aren't getting in on some adj cam sprokets? Do you know what the median age is on that list ?? I think there were like four guys with walkers at the last TC Nats I went to... I'll update that number tomorrow at the Florida TC nats I'm bringing tools and will be busy with little fix it items like repacking rear bearings and adjusting ignition timing The TC folks have never seen such modern wizardry believe me

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

im asking why not post the idea for them, not that 75 yr old and above parapalegics and those with dementia and alzheimers want more performance from their car, but some will buy anything if they think it would be neat for their car. even if they dont know what it is. honestly, as long as they paid for them you know you can count that into your number and you can get them made

Garrett booster

Is the Masi I-shaft gear the same as the cams?

Is the Masi I-shaft gear the same as the cams, or is it a standard SOHC piece?

If it's the same as the cam gear I might be convinced to pickup a 3rd cam gear to replace the I shaft gear just to shave a little rotating weight.

That would get us to what 3 more gears required to get this rolling?

turbo addict

I would assume it's the same as a SOHC motor as the cam gears are shaved down just to clear the valve cover a bit better. I could measure it today and find out for sure though.

so the gears are similar just thinner than a SOHC?

turbo addict

The gears are exactly the same down to the part #. They just milled a bit off the valve cover side because the cam gears are on backwards.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    The gears are exactly the same down to the part #. They just milled a bit off the valve cover side because the cam gears are on backwards.
    So . . . does that mean that any existing adjustable cam gear can be milled and flipped over and it bolts on? Too good to be true.

Todd, I'm in if you still wanna do it.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

turbo addict

yes, but then you can't see the timing marks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast