Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: My Turbo 2004 Chrysler Sebring LX project.

turbo addict

Re: My Turbo 2004 Chrysler Sebring LX project.

At least this place sounds like they are reasonable and do things right. I do hate to see someone have to take their vehicle somewhere else to get it done "right." I always tried to help people out when I was working at a shop, but half the time I ended up having to try to get them to take it to our shop where I knew they would be in better hands. Unfortunately repair shops have a bad rep now a days so its hard to know who to trust.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by WickedShelby88 View Post
    At least this place sounds like they are reasonable and do things right. I do hate to see someone have to take their vehicle somewhere else to get it done "right." I always tried to help people out when I was working at a shop, but half the time I ended up having to try to get them to take it to our shop where I knew they would be in better hands. Unfortunately repair shops have a bad rep now a days so its hard to know who to trust.
    Yeah the owner of this place is really cool, and like I said, he's a Turbo Dodge guy... well just a Mopar guy in general. I know he has an old Road Runner and a 300 in addition to his CSX. Turns out we also know a lot of the same people. We always end up BS'ing about the 2.4L and our cars every time I go in there.

Today we were talking about him maybe getting a dyno. I offered my tuning services if he gets one.

Repair shops just give themselves a bad rep... I know they aren't all bad, it just seems like it's hard to find a good one anymore.

turbo addict

Be carfeul lowering the engine. Remember that the tranny is also connected and if the whole engine is lowered, it *could* put the axles at a bad angle. Lowering the engine, then rotating it would probably work well though. If done right, you can have your cake and eat it too. It *may* require some tweaking of the oil pan or pickup(or both) depending on the angle the engine ends up at. Oil drain back also needs to be looked at.

Just some thoughts...

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    Be carfeul lowering the engine. Remember that the tranny is also connected and if the whole engine is lowered, it *could* put the axles at a bad angle. Lowering the engine, then rotating it would probably work well though. If done right, you can have your cake and eat it too. It *may* require some tweaking of the oil pan or pickup(or both) depending on the angle the engine ends up at. Oil drain back also needs to be looked at.

Just some thoughts...
    I'm not sure exactly what they are going to do, but I'm sure it will be done right this time.

boostaholic

I just picked the car up. Simply AMAZING! It sounds stock again! The growling/vibration noises are completely gone.

turbo addict

Cool!!!

boostaholic

Got my spacers and lug nuts yesterday so I thought I'd test fit my slicks. Bet you never thought you'd see slicks on a Sebring Sedan!

Eibach 30mm pro spacers.
    Blue Gorilla Lug Nuts.
    Motegi SP10 Rims.
    Mickey Thompson 26x8.5x15 slicks.

turbo addict

Wow...those are some big spacers!!

You're gonna want to wax the living CRAP out of the sides of your car, and probably spray it down with PAM when you're at the track so the rubber doesn't get all stuck to it!!

Looks good though! Time to test them out!

Nice slicks!

Garrett booster

wow what an amazing build.. :drool:

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by burnt_toast View Post
    wow what an amazing build.. :drool:
    Thank you.

The car has been running great, but I'm not done yet. New external Walbro 255lph fuel pump should be here tomorrow. I'm trying to figure out all the fittings I'll need to put that on and upgrade all the fuel lines to -8AN all the way around.

I'm also going to be ordering a Devil's Own direct port water/meth injection kit here soon. Getting everything ready to turn up the boost!

turbo addict

If you can get some that come off easily maybe get some flaps on the back sides of the wheel well. That at least would cut down on some of the rubber getting onto the car. Thats freakin awesome. Looking at the outside of your car unless you knew what was in there you wouldn't have a clue. Just sweet.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

boostaholic

Dropped the car off at the shop to get the external Walbro 255 pump put on. Passing on upgrading all the lines to -8AN for now, out of money for a little bit. Should have it back before my autocross event this weekend. Then I'm off to Italy for 2 weeks, and will hopefully pick up my water/meth kit and have that installed when I get back.

boostaholic

New fuel pump is on. Had to fix my FPR, but got everything running very nicely now. I was hitting 22psi doing a little Autocross yesterday. Fuel pump made a HUGE difference.

Hey there man hows it going. I know this post is old and probably long sense dead but I am wondering if an application of this in a similar nature could be applied to the 1999 Chrysler Sebring JX Convertible 24V 2.5Liter V6 I am planning on redoing this car from the gound up putting a turbo charger in the car and giving this car a one of a kind dual exhaust or at the very least dual mufflers with dual exhaust tips for both, also custom body kit and paint with a custom interior and sound system If i do go for it i do not want to go into this half baked and no clue what I am doing I am some what mechanically inclinded and i have my father who is ASE certified Master Mechanic so I was planning on doing the work my self anything you can tell me will be greatly appriciated. Also did you manage to buld that kit?

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617