Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: I wanna hear some good beatin on mustang storys

boostaholic

Re: I wanna hear some good beatin on mustang storys

Quote Originally Posted by Twizter68 View Post
    Met him again on the track in my '71 Challenger...different story then...He asked how much I had in the motor, and was pissed he got beat by a $2000 rebuilt 383.
    I'm sure he needed a lot more tire!

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bris09 View Post
    See that's the problem, I like both TD and Mustangs. Actually I like any nice car, it's the driver I always seem to have a problem with. There are a lot of Mustang owners I can't stand.

This goes for a lot of different cars. It's not the car.. its the owner.

But on the same topic.. the people at the gas station would not believe me when I told them that the Talon (when running.. lol!) and the Shelby both are faster cars than the Mustang is. They keep insisting that its a joke....

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by dodgeshadowchik View Post

This goes for a lot of different cars. It's not the car.. its the owner.

But on the same topic.. the people at the gas station would not believe me when I told them that the Talon (when running.. lol!) and the Shelby both are faster cars than the Mustang is. They keep insisting that its a joke....
    I found out that a lot of Mustangs can be all bark and no bite. A stock 5.0 with Flowmasters might sound mean as hell, but isn't going to give a mildly modded TD much trouble.

turbo addict

Ok, I have 2 more stories for the thread, both involving my Spirit R/T and the same Mustang owner. The first one was shortly after I got my Spirit R/T back in '05. It wasn't stock my any means, ported head and manifolds, 50 trim hybrid, +40s and calibration, etc. I went to Omaha to pick up a hood for the car, on the way there a red 5.0 hatch was next us that seemed like he wanted to play. We got lined up at a light, he had me through 1st, then I freight trained him through 2nd and 3rd. I got out of it when I had a busslength on him. He followed us all the way to the guys house we were getting the hood from, the previous owner of my car. I was a bit worried since the guy driving the Mustang was a big guy, not someone I would want to piss off. I was more than relieved when we got out and the Mustang driver and my car's PO were friends.

Fast forward 5 years to this summer. We had a big dinner and cruise in town, 150+ cars and 250 or so people. There was a some 'bible study' afterwards once the riff raff were gone. The guy with the 5.0 wants revenge for the butt whoopin I gave him years ago. Only thing now is my ported head is gone and he has a high 9 second 03/04 Cobra. I asked if I could have a 50 yard head start just so I can hang my head out the window and listen to the supercharger whine and to have time to lock the doors so they don't get blown off; he declines. Head up from a dig. Great at least the taillights will be nice to look at. I warm up the slicks, he's on street tires. The hands drop. I have the best launch on the street I have ever had and pull him out of the hole. Shift to second and he's still behind me, but I can hear his tires screaming for mercy. 3rd gear is more of the same. Holy crap! I'm still in the lead! I hit 4th gear, getting close to the marker...oh can I hold him off???? Right about the century mark I stop hearing the tire squeal and he pulls by me like I'm standing still. I figure he had 2-3 cars on me at that point when we pass the finish. I have never been passed so quickly, it was like that car had a booster rocket on it! He's happy he finally got his revenge, while I'm on cloud nine knowing I held him off so well and did the best driving I ever have. Truly a moral win-win situation.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by 86Shelby View Post
    Only thing now is my ported head is gone and he has a high 9 second 03/04 Cobra. I asked if I could have a 50 yard head start just so I can hang my head out the window and listen to the supercharger whine and to have time to lock the doors so they don't get blown off; he declines.
    Wow, what a douche, lol, he couldn't give you the hit against his 130+ trap car? Maybe he knew how crappy a driver he was, haha.

turbo addict

Ah no, he's a good guy. He just wanted to give a butt whoopin'.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

TurboII

Quote Originally Posted by 86Shelby View Post
    Ah no, he's a good guy. He just wanted to give a butt whoopin'.
    thats doesnt seem fare to me. Your car is mild built, and his is a 9 sec king. where does that add up too.build your r/t up to 9's and see how he feels. Nice on the holding off tho. that was awesome. moral of the storys mustangs with tremendous amount of hp still have trouble with TD lol j/k maybe not

Joey

Well i know for a fact i have a few race's coming up this spring. One involving a turbo 5.0. V6 acura 3.2 civic hatch, and a 91 turbo 1.8 integra dyno at 425hp 250 tq which beat the 3.2 civic. hehehehe these are all my boys

Hybrid booster

Who knew there were Omni haters in the stands?lol Thnx Turbogod for defending the Omni. Sistah coulda kicked your --- for bein a wise guy. Subtitles would be cool,but u can hear of the chimp like voice

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

I couldn't hear it too well... what was going on in the background besides her big mouth?
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

turbo addict

Good god people are friggin anoying! I'da had to slap-a-ho!

Hybrid booster

No hope for the human race....

turbo addict

Yo Yo dat mustang waz hot ya heard? Lol yea. Wow.

SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."

Mitsu booster

come on guys dont hate on the mustang.lol
    I have had a few mustangs over my years and i do have to say there some bull headed owners out there, i've got some stories mustang vs mustang and my daytona or f-body vs mustangs it seems like there never happy losing and always have a reason(no hook,missed a gear ect.) But im not like that. maybe ..haha

Hybrid booster

wow sleeping at the tree in the vid, good woopin though. i dont have a stang story, mainly cause i dont bother with them. i did run a nice 88ish cutlass just after getting my shadow, t1 165k bone stock, 5 speed. came arround a right turn right on his butt leaving work, he jumped to the outside lane, i took the inside. we both layed them wide open, sounded like a mild 350, loud exaust, prob mostly stock, big rims. we ran door to door to about 70. his eyes were pricelss when he couldnt pull on my white rust bucket. made my week. then i blew up the motor a few weeks ago running a new mazda on the freeway, wide open for a mile, my buddy marc in the pass seat just trying to get ahold of something. we were hauling azz. he hates riding with me now. i held him off, i think it was a new 3 serise. it was nice having a witness in a race for once. got off the freeway and limped her home....drive fast, take chances...

How about one told from the Mustang drivers point of view....
    http://modifiedmustangs.org/board/vi...hp?f=20&t=2062
    Story goes just as he said, from a dig 1st and second gear did nothing but warm the tires up for thrid We also went from a roll, it was not pretty.
    Side note, he was a cool guy, actually most of the guys I hang out with are Mustang guys and they are all a great bunch of guys. A nice change of pace from a lot of the other Mustang guys I have dealt with in the past. As has been noted in proir posts, I think it comes down to them being an enthusiast that enjoys/respects vehicles. The SVO Capri just went to a megasquirt set-up and when he gets all the bugs worked out will be a very mean machine!

Hybrid booster

nice, was he racing a p-body, they look like fox bodies

89 Daytona Shelby was the car talked about above.

turbo addict

Good job, Brent!

Interesting talk over on the 'Stang forum. Makes me wish I was still lurking around JAX with ya! LOL That would be some fun!
    Last edited by Reaper1; 01-19-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

LOL... here's an interesting mustang:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/skipdown.../6/rOyHjAZUUp8

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast