Thread: JVC cd player pinout?

JVC cd player pinout?

A friend gave me an old jvc cd player that he had laying around from a car he sold. The catch is he lost the plug.
    Anyhow, my cd player died and I'd like to use the thing. Not having the plug is no big deal, I can either solder wires straight to the pins or find some little insulated push-on connectors. The problem is I have no idea which pin represents which wire.
    I don't know if JVC changed their connectors much. If so, the model is KD-S550.
    The connector on the back is arranged with 2 rows of 8 pins each with a blade fuse below it. Like this:
    _________
    . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . .
    __[ 10 ]__

If somebody has a JVC with this style connector and wouldn't mind making a note of which pin represents which wire, I'd really appreciate it. I know I could probably order a new connector from JVC, but this thing has been laying around forever and has been through 2 moves, so I hate to spend any money on it not knowing if it even still works.
    Thanks in advance,

Re: JVC cd player pinout?

Wow, thats a old one, I think I actually had one. I looked around JVC's site but couldnt find any archives on that model. You have to make sure you find someone that has a pretty close year as to make sure the pinouts are similar, they could have changed. If it were me I would just get this and be done with it.
    http://www.partstore.com/ProductDeta...ModelID=112718

Thanks man! I'd actually browsed ebay a little right after I posted and ran across the same guy. I figure I'll go that route, but it would still be nice to make a couple temporary connections and power it up to see if it's even worth bothering with.
    I talked to the guy I got it off of and he said it worked fine, but half the face didn't illuminate. He wasn't sure if it was due to a bad backlight or if the lcd itself was cracked.
    If it's just a light, I can probably replace it myself but if it's a cracked lcd that'll require a new face. That's gonna run about $30+. I'm starting to wonder if it's even worth it when I can go to walmart and pick up a cheapie for around $50.

Forgot about this. If its an lcd display you probably will have to get a face, i think you can take the face apart and look around inside, maybe cracked solder joint. Also could be the connection where it connects to the radio, try cleaning it with alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by JDAWG View Post
    Forgot about this. If its an lcd display you probably will have to get a face, i think you can take the face apart and look around inside, maybe cracked solder joint. Also could be the connection where it connects to the radio, try cleaning it with alcohol
    It's all good man, I forgot about it too. Got into a bunch of more important mechanical work on the truck and pushed the radio off to the side. I'll eventually order that connector, and power it up to see what's really going on. Hopefully there's nothing wrong with the face except a cracked solder joint or dirty contacts like you said.
    Thanks,

even if it half works you could ebay it and make money

Quote Originally Posted by JDAWG View Post
    even if it half works you could ebay it and make money
    That's true, but if I can get it half working it'll still beat what I've got now.

You had 666 posts when I quoted that.

I try not to post hoe like simon or it would be 10,666

Somebody needs to ask him how he posts so much and still finds the time to do anything.
    Care to chime in Simon??
    I bet he cloned himself. That's the only explanation I can see.