Thread: programing 87c257

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

programing 87c257

I am using the willem enhanced burner, and it works great for my SST27SF512 chips that I am using in my omni, but I tried to burn some 87c257 chips with it when I was first starting out and had no idea what the word was on all of this.

What is the proper method of burning an 87c257 for my SBEC with this burner? I read on a forum elsewhere that you can program it as a 87c256, but perhaps this is what I tried to do the first time when it would not work properly?

I sure hope I don't need to buy a second burner.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

Re: programing 87c257

use the same family, probably TI, from most I've seen (and some ST's too)
    and program them as a 27c256 and you should be OK, as long as you are burning a 32K bin file.
    later,
    Cindy
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: programing 87c257

Quote Originally Posted by glhs727 View Post
    use the same family, probably TI, from most I've seen (and some ST's too)
    and program them as a 27c256 and you should be OK, as long as you are burning a 32K bin file.
    later,
    Cindy
    Thanks Cindy. I will need to order up a UV eraser, and then I will give it a go. I am not sure why it did not work the first time around, but then I don't know that I even realized that you had to put the chip in a certain way when I tried to burn them last time.