Thread: FINALLY, an R/T car!

Hybrid booster

Thumbs up FINALLY, an R/T car!

Well, after being into TD's since '84, and owning several numbered/non-numbered cars, and two rampages, I've finally jumped ship and purchased my first 16v car; a 191,000k '92 Chrsylser Red IROC R/T, nearly fully loaded with ABS, power seats, windows, doors, rear window wiper, A/C stock Ninja wheels, no overhead console, and grey cloth seats. The engine was recently rebuilt with JE pistons and the head was professionally welded. The previous owner has thousands in receipts from the shop that did the work. The paint is near perfect with two little bubbles of clear coat peal, one on the hood and one on the roof. I bought it here locally and have BIG plans for this car. It's really clean and in near mint condition. A fine example of a well taken care of car. Who's keeping track of these things? They need to ad me to their list. Pics to come when I can get it washed.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: FINALLY, an R/T car!

That sounds pretty cool. I would love to have an IROC R/T. I think they are my favorite of all the dohc cars.

Hybrid booster

Thanks. It's funny.....my first car ever was a brand new '91 Shadow ES T1. I've owned several CSX's, a couple of L bodies and now this car. Although it feels a bit heavier than the other cars, it rides much smoother. And even 15 years later, the interior is still "up to date." I think in some ways, it was way ahead of it's time.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Martin View Post
    Thanks. It's funny.....my first car ever was a brand new '91 Shadow ES T1. I've owned several CSX's, a couple of L bodies and now this car. Although it feels a bit heavier than the other cars, it rides much smoother. And even 15 years later, the interior is still "up to date." I think in some ways, it was way ahead of it's time.
    Yeah we used to to work for a guy with a V6 IROC and it was pretty nice. He was really kicking himself for not springing for the TIII motor for sure.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Blue Iroc R/T's Avatar

Congrats Will! When you get some pics, send them to me at Mopar4evr@neo.rr.com and I will ad a gallery for you in the Iroc R/T secition. Sounds like you found a nice one. Welcome to the TIII world! Enjoy!
    Ralph Scott

93 Daytona Iroc R/T
    www.pbase.com/rmscott

Tow Vehicle/Daily Driver:
    02 Dakota Quad Cab 4x4
    http://www.pbase.com/rmscott/ralphs_dakota_quad_cab

Hybrid booster

Thanks man, it is nice! It just feels weird that it took me THIS long to get one, when I've always wanted one and I've always like G-bodies ('89 to be exact). Yeah, once the weather clears up and I get some down time, I'll get her nice and clean and snap some pics.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Bring it round the shop in an hour or two,

Going in to fix up the John Deer van,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

I'm working 'til 1pm, I'll swing by after I make a pit stop at home.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Wow, that car is in great shape, damn. Only two problems, its toooooooooooooo quiet and the headlights are those crappy, creamy low output Halogens,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

Yeah, I'm surprised at how quiet it is too, I guess the shop that rebuilt it actually knew what they were doing. It drives really smooth, I just gotta check the cams and wastegate as it only boosts to 6psi. And yes, those headlights ARE horrible, but I'm glad my local mechanic is having a promotion on free HID's.